Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THINGS GOIN DOWNHILL AT YORK

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:33 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THINGS GOIN DOWNHILL AT YORK

"people are people" WTF?

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:37 PM
Fishpart
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in york media just interviewed local dealer, he has 60 + days supply of bikes in stock, sold two this week, MOCO sent 8 more.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:46 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not all bike modelscome out of York.But the touring line has been HDs bread and butter and a very good seller.I would bet those 8 bikes werent of touring or softail origin.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:49 PM
uniondog
Advanced

bigredone,

raporte ask:

if a person from another country (input wherever you like), and someone from York were given the same materials and training (assumption is that all is equal except for the worker) who would provide the better part (end result)?

I say nothing would change because people are people. Meaning if you give them the same training and tools they will do the same job. Its not who or what the person is that determines quality. Its their skill and experience. ie Different people = same job - if everything else is equal

Just for the record my comment do not in anyway support any type of replacement of the fine men and women who work the lines at the York plant or any other anti-worker BS. There is noway you can replace years of experience on those lines. There cause is an honorable one and I fully support their their efforts.

respect
UD

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:50 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

Pittguy,

Owner was talking 60 day supply on soft tail and touring. They don't seem to be sweating this strike at all. But in the end if MOCO does'nt come around this could create some brand loyality locally.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:57 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member

UD,

I thought they were Americans working at York. Race/Creed/etc. have nothing to do with it.

Also, I implied nothing about who might work harder/etc so my 'assumptions' can't be wrong - I didn't make any. I was trying to ask if anyone thought there would be a difference in the output.

I'm just curious because HD has a mindset advantage of being American Made.....sort of a one-up on the others. If the bikes were assembled somewhere else I would imagine that they would still sell in the US.

Respect back to ya....

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:59 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry uniondog but I have to disagree. Same training, same tools won't give you the same workers. Some are lazy, some are hard workers, some are motivated, some are not, some are animals (like the ones I hang with .
Needless to say I am not pro union but that's another discussion that should be elsewhere.
Guess we will agree to disagree

Old 02-08-2007 | 08:03 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hd is american assembled,they may have ideas about going as you imply.Not sure the buying public would agree.

Old 02-08-2007 | 08:09 PM
uniondog
Advanced

raporte

Sorry for reading somthing into your post, but the only thing you were changing was American workers for some from another country.

"if a person from another country (input wherever you like), and someone from York were given the same materials and training (assumption is that all is equal except for the worker) who would provide the better part (end result)?

My mistake.

respect
UD

Old 02-08-2007 | 08:16 PM
uniondog
Advanced

bigredone,

I can agree with ya on the motovaion issue but thats worldwide also, so I believe it would be a wash in the question that was answered. As far as the union / non-union preference - were all workers.So we got one thing in common.

respect

UD