Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THINGS GOIN DOWNHILL AT YORK

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007 | 05:56 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: THINGS GOIN DOWNHILL AT YORK

Losing your health care during a strike is normal,part of the deal of walking out.Strike benefits dont start till @ 3weeks into strike and doesnt pay enough to cover much besides food or a bill or 2. I tend to believe things got out of hand w/management and employees threw out the MOCO this yr.QA has suffered at various levels whether in house or their policing of outsourced items.Just look at the Fatboy fender issue-That shouldve never got byunnoticed.Hopefully the two sides will be able to agree on something both can live with.Its their fight let them resolve it.

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:40 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Feb 08, 2007 04:30 AM
Talks between Harley-Davidson Inc. and the union representing striking workers at its largest plant ended yesterday without any agreement, the federal mediator working with the two sides said in a statement.

The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service said no further talks were planned.

Nearly 2,800 workers at Harley's plant in York, Pa., which makes some of the company's most profitable motorcycles, walked off the job last Friday after their contract expired. Harley wants a number of concessions from the workers.

The strike is the first at Harley in 16 years

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:50 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kind of curious now. I have read all the comments on the strike as I am sure we all have in the last several days. The only thing for sure is that we all won't agree..agreed? But, just for sake of argument, if a person from another country (input wherever you like), and someone from York were given the same materials and training (assumption is that all is equal except for the worker) who would provide the better part (end result)? Also, how would you justisfy your answer. Just curious.

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:58 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

As long as there is isnt a hostile enviroment inside the workplace,it probably wouldnt matter where it was built,but most people in this country would frown on HD building outside the states.If a company is going to farm out some of its work-and most now do-then itsHds job to make sure that the quality is up to their standardsbut mostly the buying publics standards.

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:58 PM
Branded
Road Master

Yeah!! And if your Aunt had B@ll$ would she be your Uncle. Geeshh!!

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:02 PM
Branded
Road Master

How bout everyone back the workers and not walk into a Harley Dealerships till its allsolved. That aint gonna happen cause there people right here that would cross the picket line to take the jobs of the strikers.

I'm done !!

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:17 PM
uniondog
Advanced

Branded ,
You have the answer - Public support for the workers - This would benefit all workers if All workers supported each other in this way. I will hope if this goes on for very long we see informational pickets at the dealerships asking people to support their efforts and not shop at Harley - I am with ya on that Ideal

respect

UD

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:19 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.iamlocal-175.org/

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:25 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Losers=Employees
Losers=MOCO
Losers=Consumers

Winners=Union Executives& Attorneys

Union Execs never lose a dime!

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:29 PM
uniondog
Advanced

raporte,

The job would get done the same way it does now. What do you think only Americans work in he York plant. People from all races and creeds work in these plants. People are People, Same tools+ Same Training + Same Skill Base = Same Quality of work

If your implying that a people from some countries work harder / better / faster you might find out your assumption is incorrect. I have visited other countries on International Solidarity Tours - You hear the samething that is being written in some of these post - Some workers are Great, Some Suck but most are just Good workers. The real funny part is when I hear about the great ones it usually some one talking about themself. So I'm not so sure the Great one's really exist but I am damm sure there are a lot of good hard working individual who do the job they are paid to do, otherwise none of these corporation would have lasted as long as they have.

respect

UD