Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THINGS GOIN DOWNHILL AT YORK

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007 | 11:34 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: THINGS GOIN DOWNHILL AT YORK

I hope they get it worked out.

Old 02-07-2007 | 11:37 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just proves that the MoCo not only cares about its customer, heck, they don't even care about their employees. The bottom line if their only concern.

Old 02-07-2007 | 11:39 PM
alexcue
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Just proves that the MoCo not only cares about its customer, heck, they don't even care about their employees. The bottom line if their only concern.
technically i don't think they are employees right now since they walked out on the job.

Old 02-07-2007 | 11:55 PM
roadglidepa
Tourer

What I get a kick out of is that everyone wants the Union Employees to get all the benefits but we all forget that if Harley's expenses increase then WE, not the Union, not Harley, just little ole US pays the way. Are we all willing to pay more for our bikes to provide benefits that most us do not have? If Harley's expense ratio goes up by 2 - 5% after additional management costs, etc we will be paying 10% more for the bikes, parts, etc. These benefits affect all of us not just Harley. OH and YES Harley is a business and a business makes money. A simple little fact.

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:04 AM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We, the HD customer should be the ones on strike, ..high prices, poorquality, dealers that don't have a clue, or care!

SteveO

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:08 AM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior

I thought the employees actually own the company through their stock - didn't employees buy back the Motor Co after AMF almost bankrupted them years ago? That means they are striking against themselves - seems odd to me. I don't a lot of sympathy for people who strike - especially for ones who make the kind of living the guys at York make - there comes a time when everyone has to face the reality of health care costs - employees have to start sharing the cost or all of jobs will be sent to Mexico or China.

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:11 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

We, the HD customer should be the ones on strike, ..high prices, poorquality, dealers that don't have a clue, or care!
Steve, ya priced a Goldwing lately? Or taken almost ANY motorcycle in fer dealer service? Mebbe ah'm the one lucky one, but ah've got a good dealer with a killer service department that'll bend over backwards ta be of help. Ah've seen Goldwings knocked over, dropped off lifts, rims bent durin' tire changes....it goes on.

Ah've always said if ya don't like it, SELL IT an' buy what ya think is better. Hell - that's why ah'm here after 10 years an' 'bout 140k miles on Wings!

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:13 AM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SteveO

SteveO
No matter what the product, there are some dealers who are crap. I resent being lumped into that category though - some dealers will take a beating by unreasonable customers who continually beat the dealer over the head. You wouldn't believe how unreasonable some people are when it comes to service, warranties, schedules, ---the list is long. Customers are not dragged into the showrooms - If the quality is so poor, why do people still buy them? Your comments make little sense to me.

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:18 AM
roadglidepa
Tourer

You got it Texas.. My Harley's are quality, the dealership rocks and I am very pleased to own a Harley. Besides owning a Harley is not just a bike it is ... well, if I have to explain it then you wont understand (no you, but you have heard that saying 100's of times I am sure - I have). If your dealership sucks Steve get a new one. I too owned a Wing (3 of them) and I have never had a wing that could match my satisfaction with the Harleys that I have owned since. After 25 years of riding I think that I can relate to what you are saying. You hit it on the head - if you dont like it sell it.

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:45 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SteveO

SteveO
Now that's the most truthfull statement yet and ONE NOBODY HERE could possibly argue with!!!