Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dealings with Danny Gray

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
bigwavdav
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Dealings with Danny Gray

While deployed last year I fell in love with the thought of the AirHawk seat. After discussing passenger backrest info, she let me know I would have to narrow the rear seat pillon for my HD backrest to work. Okay, no problem.

Return at the end of September. and my Seat had arrived a few days prior. I was very impressed with the seat on initial look. Took the seat and placed it on the bike. Noticed a couple of things: the front nose of the seat was warped (IE one side was higher than the other on the dash portion), and the other was the stiching and the seat did not line up center on the bike. Thinking it was just the stitching, I placed the backrest on. Nope, the whole pilon was angled to the left.

NBD right. Okay, Call Sherry and she advises me to send the seat back after a couple of weeks of riding to see if the nose corrects itself. Roger that. Nope, does not correct itself with wear. Send the seat back at the end of October. The receive it in November. Sherry says they should be able to get the seat back by the end of Nov after requesting another mod, driver seat pushed back 1.5in. Call at the end of Nov and another get told Mid Dec. Mid Dec Rolls around and the phone call goes something like this. Had to scrap the original seat due to mold being messed up and now looking at the End of Dec. End of Dec rolls around and said It should be done next week.

I go through surgery mid January and get around to calling them today. Spoke with Lori. I explain my frustration to her and request a refund. I understand the policy of special orders not being refunded, but for this being ordered for 7 months and I am still out 700 bucks is really grinding my gears. She says she will call me back. 6 hours goes by and no call. So I call again and she states that the seat is sitting in shipping and will go out today. Isn't that convenient? she said she knew that "a couple of hours ago". Hey lady, where was my phone call. I asked for a tracking number and have yet to get it. This is about 2 hours ago since me last talking with DG.

Do you think this is legit?

This is my first time dealing with Danny Gray, I am not planning on dealing with them on another seat purchase. I am less than pleased

Last edited by bigwavdav; 01-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear you had problems, they replaced a seat for me a coupe months ago and although I had to call a couple of times they did come through for me.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I was between getting a Danny Gray and a C & C. I spoke with both companies because I had several questions. I was not impressed with Danny Gray's response time getting back with me and my gut told me go with the C&C which I did. Just as you will read time after time C&C customer service is excellent and so is their product. Call your credit card company explain your problem and tell them you want them to do a charge back.Do it this way and you won't have the hassle of a return.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
rob0225
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
I was between getting a Danny Gray and a C & C. I spoke with both companies because I had several questions. I was not impressed with Danny Gray's response time getting back with me and my gut told me go with the C&C which I did. Just as you will read time after time C&C customer service is excellent and so is their product. Call your credit card company explain your problem and tell them you want them to do a charge back.Do it this way and you won't have the hassle of a return.
He's probably outside the chargeback window.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
ACRblaze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C908
Not to hijack the thread and turn it in a C & C thread but...+1 they are excellent and thats why I have two of their seats!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Contacted Danny Gray twice to get some questions answered. They never called me back either time.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

DG took a while to get back to me about their seat for the stretched yafee tanks. short and uninterested in their emails. i wont be buying their seat.

i think im gonna send chuck my lepera seat and have him mold a pan and make me a C&C seat like it

Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sadend to read this thread as i was about to purchase a Buttcrack for my deluxe, now i am having second thoughts

Old 01-26-2013, 03:50 AM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a touring bike, fatboy lo, but C&C FTW!!!! They are top notch!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:12 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

F'them, if that is the service your getting they dont deserve the biz. From what I have gathered over the years some mc companies act like there doing you a favor. call your credit card company and tell them no way!!!! be safe and rubber side down.

Quick Reply: My Dealings with Danny Gray