Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifeproof Handlebar mount for iPhone???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM
leadermc
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a Lifeproof but when when I got it, I did not like the looks. It was gaudy and ugly IMHO and unlike others here, I did NOT like the plastic bar mount. Decided I'd rather use the phone "naked" on the bike since I knew for a fact it would never come out of this mount, and it looks very nice: http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/CTGY/iphone.html

Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Mike_M
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leadermc
I ordered a Lifeproof but when when I got it, I did not like the looks. It was gaudy and ugly IMHO and unlike others here, I did NOT like the plastic bar mount. Decided I'd rather use the phone "naked" on the bike since I knew for a fact it would never come out of this mount, and it looks very nice: http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/CTGY/iphone.html
Gaudy? Really?

Think you might be biased mate.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Cyclone-G
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the LP cases a lot but still would never put my phone out in the elements. Also can't get past the look of having that clamp thing mounted on my handlebars with cables routed down the bars. This is why we designed the Cyclone Consoles. Our new designs are coming soon that will fit the LP cases for both iphone 4 and iphone 5. We also fit other Droid phones as well.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,159 Likes on 8,192 Posts

My iPhone 5 goes into the trunk of my Ultra when I get on it and I take it out when I get off. I don't need the distraction while I ride but that's just me.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Mike_M
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclone-G
I like the LP cases a lot but still would never put my phone out in the elements. Also can't get past the look of having that clamp thing mounted on my handlebars with cables routed down the bars. This is why we designed the Cyclone Consoles. Our new designs are coming soon that will fit the LP cases for both iphone 4 and iphone 5. We also fit other Droid phones as well.
Are you going to make it so that the phone will plug into the charge/data port or the audio jack?

Is the touch screen still usable with the console and Lifeproof case?

I may have to consider this option!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclone-G
Do you have a time frame? And will you also have a black model?

Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Cyclone-G
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike_M
Are you going to make it so that the phone will plug into the charge/data port or the audio jack?

Is the touch screen still usable with the console and Lifeproof case?

I may have to consider this option!
We include cables for charging via a usb port that mounts near your battery. You can use the standard charge cable that comes with your phone and route it down through our console to the usb port. There are a lot of cable suppliers that have splitters for charge via usb, and sound via a 3.5mm RCA. Coming out the bottom of an iphone presents a signal problem. You will need to turn up the volume on your HD radio quite loud which can cause clipping which is bad for the speakers. Using an amplifier will help with this issue. Using the headset jack on your phone going directly to the Aux port on your HK radio is the other way to do this. Your volume control on the iphone will still be visible so you can match the output of your phone to the Auxilliary port without an external amplifier. We include an audio cable in our kit for this purpose. With iphone 5 and ipods both the audio and lightning (or Apple) connectors are on the bottom. With iphone 3 and 4 we have ports at the top of our consoles to route the audio cables through the console to the aux port.

The touchscreen is usable but we don't recommend messing around with it unless you are stopped and out of traffic.

On the available in black question; we are doing black hardcoat anodizing by special order anytime (like the black wheels you see everywhere). It only takes about 5-7 days for us to get these plated. We do have some models in stock in hard coat now. Pricing is the same as the chrome kits, call to order.

Thanks for your questions, keep them coming!

Last edited by Cyclone-G; 02-20-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
leadermc
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right... the way the Lifeproof CLAMP goes on the handlebar I thought was ugly.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Cyclone-G
Former Sponsor

If I was going to do a clamp mount I like the Leaders

Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks like a great addition for long rides or road trips. Especially if the weather is going to be acting up.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Quick Reply: Lifeproof Handlebar mount for iPhone???