Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting for arc mini ks 125.2 with bx2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
jonnym
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting for arc mini ks 125.2 with bx2

Last month I installed a arc audio mpak 6 set up into my street glide. I find myself constant making adjustments to the amp. Can anyone provide me some advice on this. It's a newer arc mini amp with bx2, it has 2 gain settings and a cross over. The head unit is the stock hk CD player and moto 2 6.5 inch coaxes. Also once I turn the bike on the amp turns on. I'm using the high level inputs.

Thanks,
Jon

Attached Thumbnails Setting for arc mini ks 125.2 with bx2-image.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
flhxmc
Tourer

How come so many adjustments? Did you try the recommended settings in the manual? Crossover needs to be on high which is in the middle. BX2 switch to on. and crossover level you will have to tweek, I found around some where between 85-95 hz. The gains should be set the same, mine are about half way.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Dragonfly2000
Banned

Originally Posted by jonnym
Last month I installed a arc audio mpak 6 set up into my street glide. I find myself constant making adjustments to the amp. Can anyone provide me some advice on this. It's a newer arc mini amp with bx2, it has 2 gain settings and a cross over. The head unit is the stock hk CD player and moto 2 6.5 inch coaxes. Also once I turn the bike on the amp turns on. I'm using the high level inputs.

Thanks,
Jon

Running the 6.5" speakers you should run the crossover in HIGH at 110hz, this allows for alot of volume without as much distortion. Leave the BX2 setting off as it is simply a bass generator which simply adds distortion to your sound. From that point turn you radio all the way up and back a notch or two playing a clean source of music. Turn the gains up right to the point where you hear the music starts to distort, and stop.

And you’re done!

I would also however advise picking up a Line Level Converter and a set of RCA's. This will basically eliminate a lot of the distortion coming out of the radios amplifier before going into the amp, giving a cleaner sound coming out.

Last edited by Dragonfly2000; 01-23-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
flhxmc
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dragonfly2000
Leave the BX2 setting off as it is simply a bass generator which simply adds distortion to your sound.
Im no audio expert but this is not true. From what I understand the BX2 is a bass frequency extension technology that provides perceived bass frequency response below the low frequency cut off in an audio system.
BX2 uses the principle of the missing fundamental, which creates the sensation of low frequencies by generating a carefully calculated series of harmonics designed to simulate the auditory experience in the human ear caused by the missing fundamental pitch.

These harmonics extend the perceived frequency response up to 1.5 octaves below the speaker cutoff frequency without perceived distortion, increased peak power consumption or peak speaker excursion.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
flhxmc
Tourer

I do agree with the line level converter however, and particular one you recommend?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Dragonfly2000
Banned

Originally Posted by flhxmc
Im no audio expert but this is not true. From what I understand the BX2 is a bass frequency extension technology that provides perceived bass frequency response below the low frequency cut off in an audio system.
BX2 uses the principle of the missing fundamental, which creates the sensation of low frequencies by generating a carefully calculated series of harmonics designed to simulate the auditory experience in the human ear caused by the missing fundamental pitch.

These harmonics extend the perceived frequency response up to 1.5 octaves below the speaker cutoff frequency without perceived distortion, increased peak power consumption or peak speaker excursion.
All of those quotes are mostly correct. However when using the BX2 function in the max volume application as we do on motorcycles, it over extends the speaker capabilities at the high volumes sooner. In our opinion we get a lounder cleaner signal without using it, but that is just an opinion.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Dragonfly2000
Banned

I do agree with the line level converter however, and particular one you recommend?
We use the PAC SNI-35 as it is adjustable. They do however offer a Non adjustable unit for less money and works as good on most radios. We have found some radios have a different output, so the adjustable units help in these situations.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 PM
flhxmc
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dragonfly2000
We use the PAC SNI-35 as it is adjustable. They do however offer a Non adjustable unit for less money and works as good on most radios. We have found some radios have a different output, so the adjustable units help in these situations.
Thanks I will look into that I also was looking at a audio control LC2i, do you have any knowledge of these? Thanks.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Dragonfly2000
Banned

Thanks I will look into that I also was looking at a audio control LC2i, do you have any knowledge of these? Thanks.
Audio Control is a great name, they are about a mile from our old shop in N Seattle. from what I see by the spec's however it looks to be a bit over kill for working with deck power. It appears to be more set up for high output OEM car systems of up to 400 watts. The PAC SNI 35 retails for only $20.00

Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 AM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default u try watching jm audio set up vid

i believe the arc is same amp as jm amp just in different case and output fitting change.
here is you tube page of all jm audio adjustments review vids see if it helps
http://www.youtube.com/user/JMcorpMo...o?feature=mhum
watch one on 500 watt gain adjustment

Last edited by 2009blackpearle; 01-24-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot attachment

Quick Reply: Setting for arc mini ks 125.2 with bx2