Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold the Street Bob and bought a 13 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
nichiowa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold the Street Bob and bought a 13 Street Glide

Well, I am a proud new owner of a 2013 Vivid Black Street Glide. I am on my 3rd Harley (Sportster then Dyna) and I decided to skip the softail altogether (even though I love the Slim.) I hopped on a Street Glide this weekend and it just felt right. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has done so that I can do it to mine too, lol.

Thanks for all the help that you guys have and will provide in the future by all your posts, keep em coming to a Street Glide newbie.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new SG. I also came from a Dyna Fat Bob to a bagger and couldn't be happier. You are going to luv it! Time to start making that wallet a little lighter. Let the mods begin! Lol

Last edited by bobgv; 01-22-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Congrats...you'll love it. Although I kept my Street Bob too.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
TVagee
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the club. May I recommend harley goodies floorboard extensions and a klock werks windshield. And if your back is as bad as mine a rider backrest. Those are some of my favorite and least expensive mods so far. Now if only April will hurry up and get here.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! The Dynas are nice bikes but the touring models are the wind-up bikes. We all wind up with one eventually. Then we wind-up spending all our $$$!

Enjoy!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
McFrosty
Cruiser

Congratulations on your new SG! I also skipped over several HD lines- went straight from my 48 Sportster to a 2012 SG. I was looking to get something bigger & went to a HD "Demo Days". I rode a bunch of different bikes I was interested in. I really dug the Street Bob, but fell in love with the Street Glide. I haven't done too many mods yet. First thing I did was ditch the heel shifter. Tried it for a month or so, but just wasn't my thing. I appreciate the extra real estate on the boards now. I put on a TL Phase 7 headlight- BIG difference over the stock headlight. Just added a 7" LRS Ultra windshield which is a big improvement over the stock shield. Looking to add some slip ons next month.
You know how it is though- never enough money for all the goodies you want & never enough time to ride!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Yeah, after dialing the ergonomics in on my SG, I'm a happy camper. Great bike, maybe the coolest scoot Harley ever made...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
BK26_SLICK_SG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! You will not be disappointed!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Congrats, you will not regret purchasing a street glide. Do they come with cruise control now? If not, you may want to add that It's one of the best options I put on my bike, second to doing the bars.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
nichiowa
Tourer

Thanks for all the congrats, I am looking forward to making her mine.

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
Congrats, you will not regret purchasing a street glide. Do they come with cruise control now? If not, you may want to add that It's one of the best options I put on my bike, second to doing the bars.
Yeah, they have the options. I decided this time I was not going to just save money, so I got the ABS/Security and the Cruise. I can't wait, I should get it next month.

Quick Reply: Sold the Street Bob and bought a 13 Street Glide