Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yaffe bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM
fuel injected
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yaffe bars

Purchased pauls monkey bars for my road king, long story short, went to dealer for installation and was turned down because of chaffing problems on the fly by wire internal wiring these bars have had in past, now what? $400 bars and no help. wth? legacy harley midland odessa said they may do it for $800 with no guarantee I wouldn't be stranded. I thought about foam filling bars with great stuff to keep wires from chaffing if this IS a major problem, any better way to do this? pls help

Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yaffes bars....made in china= poor quality. I would send them back and buy something made in the usa!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 PM
fuel injected
Stage IV

any suggestions bagger?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're doable but are a pain. There are other people to go to though, Torch Industries, BR Custom, Ballistic Cycles just to name a few. You can also look up the Wild 1 bars, my last set of Wild 1 bars were the easiest I have ever put wires through. The guys wiring for those dealers shouldn't be working there if they can't get the job done, it's difficult and time consuming but not at all impossible.

Just wire the bars yourself, or send them to Yaffe with your stock bars and controls and they will wire them up for you for like $200 last time I checked. If you can take it apart and put it back together this will save you money and you can keep the bars you already bought.

FM

Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 PM
tkbalt
Advanced

Keep searching - you'll find someone who has experience installing the Yaffe's. They are one of the more popular bars out there (with plenty of complaints about install issues) - but somebody out there can do this right.

I would look into purchasing the CVO TBW harness. It eliminates the "green connector" issue. This is HD part # 32310-08

http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.a...umber=32310-08

Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain

la choppers prime apes if you like that style..cheaper, better quality, and made in america!!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM
HTNHARD
Tourer

Originally Posted by tkbalt
Keep searching - you'll find someone who has experience installing the Yaffe's. They are one of the more popular bars out there (with plenty of complaints about install issues) - but somebody out there can do this right.

I would look into purchasing the CVO TBW harness. It eliminates the "green connector" issue. This is HD part # 32310-08

http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.a...umber=32310-08
You definately need this. A friend and I installed 12" MB in ten hours without this plug. It was a pain. Take a look at the install videos on Youtube from LA Copper. Longest part of the job is extending the wires. Use a little hand lotion to help feed the wires through. I installed 14" Santees and it was a breeze to wire compared to the MB. Good luck.

Last edited by HTNHARD; 01-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM
toxic donkey
Cruiser

14" br customs here. Have patience and definitely get the cvo throttle sensor. The design of the yaffe bars automatically hinders pulling wires. I seem to remember reading that br smooths the joints inside his bars to facilitate easier wire pulling, but I may be confusing with someone else. I have had a beer or two since I installed mine.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
They're doable but are a pain.

Just wire the bars yourself, or send them to Yaffe with your stock bars and controls and they will wire them up for you for like $200 last time I checked. If you can take it apart and put it back together this will save you money and you can keep the bars you already bought.

FM
yeah, what he said.... take your bars off and send them and your new bars to Yaffe... you have a Road King so you don't even have a fairing to deal with... if Yaffe pulls the wires for you the rest is pretty simple... if you are at all handy with a wrench...get a service manual..very helpfull....
I did mine..everything BUT pulling the wires, tried and failed, i'm not big on patience though... i did an inner fairing swap at the same time so in the big picture i was still WAY ahead on labor cost..
LOVE my Monkey Bars...

Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Lifetimelifter
Banned

Another one for torch industries, had them on mine loved them.
Check then out at baggertech.com

Quick Reply: yaffe bars