Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE pro tuner, what does it take to do myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
rodrocket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
Make sure you are getting 32109-08c SEPST though. That's the latest with auto-tune and can be bought on eBay for $330.

whats the difference between the 41000008B & the 32109-08C

also is there anywere i can download a manual or copy of the program to look at prior to buying the Tuner Module

regards
Rod

Old 01-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dblkick
This will probably cause a stir but,.... Unless you have a dyno or plan on having it dyno tuned, your wasting your money. You'll spend all kinds of cash on several components & punch in a pre written flash and you'll notice a little difference. Why not have the bike dyno tuned where ( if the dyno guy is any good ) he'll spend close to an hour running the bike through all the gears & rmp ranges to adjust the fuel, air, timing, etc to write a map for YOUR bike. Don't flame me, I just don't think you can tune a motor on a computer without real world exercises.

My .02
Dave
You do not have to be on the dyno to gather data to tune by. The VCI does that for you while you ride. Smart tune will show you what to change. What ever engine condition you ride in will be recorded so the more differant throttle positions and rpms = more usefull data. " All though the dyno makes it a bit easier to tune @ the upper rpms / throttle positions than running 100 mph down the hwy " You can change any areas to run the way you want just like tuning a carb but more precise.
Billy

Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 AM
dblkick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petewerner
An hour? How about that! My tuner must be a noob, cause he spent nearly 4 by the time ha was done...

To the OP; I have the stuff that U need, cables, software, and even a training video that HD sells with it. I bought it all and never used it. As stated by many, SE Tuner and be done.
My guy seems like he knows what he's doing.
http://www.robsdyno.com/

Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Woweh
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cfave
I have all the parts for my Stage 1 upgrade, Monster ovals, V&H Dresser Duals, SE AC Backplate, K&N High flow Filter. Now I am looking for a tuner that isnt going to break the bank but will flash my ECM. I have found the SE Pro tuner for sale at a good price but was wondering, what I need to do it myself and is it that difficult to do with out a dyno?

I am a computer geek by trade and think I can work through it but just wanted some advice.

Thanks
Cfave
I have a Cobra FI 2000 Auto Tuner on my 2011 FB Lo, installed myself(not hard at all-maybe 45 min). Works as advertised, I can add or remove and it will auto adjust(I did try and it works) also no Dyno ever needed. If your stuck on the SERT go for it. Just an FYI.

Last edited by Woweh; 01-19-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 01-19-2013, 05:31 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the SEPST (screamin eagle pro super tuner)on my Dyna, and it allowed me to data log, modify maps, and then reload into my ECM so the auto tune has been there all along. The deal was by the time you pay for the SEPST interface, then cables, I was at nearly $500. And now it is a paper weight in one of my office drawers. I thought I could find an underground divorce procedure via the web, but fear of the reprocution from the Moco has it pretty well closed lip.

The moco now makes an emission compliant version which sells for 2 something, which is limited in its capabilities.

Anything by the Moco will marry the ECM so if you want to move it to a new bike, you will be SOL. Thats why when I bought my 1st EG I opted for the Power Vision from Fuelmoto, which is now on my newest EG and the liscense cost me $189 to move it to the 2nd bike. It has the touch screen, with a great UI and is probably the most flexible portable (mount on the handlebars and forget it) tuner, real time data analizer on the market. It's auto tune features are going to get about as close to an actual dyno tune as you can get, shy of the dyno time. Anyone who has one will confirm it is the cats meow.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dblkick
This will probably cause a stir but,.... Unless you have a dyno or plan on having it dyno tuned, your wasting your money. You'll spend all kinds of cash on several components & punch in a pre written flash and you'll notice a little difference. Why not have the bike dyno tuned where ( if the dyno guy is any good ) he'll spend close to an hour running the bike through all the gears & rmp ranges to adjust the fuel, air, timing, etc to write a map for YOUR bike. Don't flame me, I just don't think you can tune a motor on a computer without real world exercises.

My .02
Dave
the SEPRT holds 15 minutes of run time. Out on the road riding is your dyno.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Kingers103
Cruiser

Okay, also not trying to start problems. I'm going Stage 1 and planning on the SERT. The local dealer is recommending the Cobra tuner but I don't want a simple fuel manager. I don't want to cheap out on my glide. I don't want to talk to a tuner via email and phone. I'm looking for someone face-to-face over a counter. And I'm not worried about the tuner leaving with the bike - the tuner cost is peanuts when buying a new bike anyway.
So here is the question - is the SERT or SEPRT the way to go? I'm not knowledgable on a lot of this stuff.
Thanks guys - this forum has been loads of help everytime i reached out. BTW, not looking for a tuner that requires me to pick up a screwdriver. That's what the checkbook is for lol.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingers103
Okay, also not trying to start problems. I'm going Stage 1 and planning on the SERT. The local dealer is recommending the Cobra tuner but I don't want a simple fuel manager. I don't want to cheap out on my glide. I don't want to talk to a tuner via email and phone. I'm looking for someone face-to-face over a counter. And I'm not worried about the tuner leaving with the bike - the tuner cost is peanuts when buying a new bike anyway.
So here is the question - is the SERT or SEPRT the way to go? I'm not knowledgable on a lot of this stuff.
Thanks guys - this forum has been loads of help everytime i reached out. BTW, not looking for a tuner that requires me to pick up a screwdriver. That's what the checkbook is for lol.
The SERT does not have the range of tunability that the SEPRT does. There are numerous threads on this subject you can find which will describe the differences in detail between the two.