Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Galaxy III GPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=kryingame;10786298] One of the senior guys here made a profound posting, I don't recall his name but he said, "How often are you actually going to use your GPS" I agree with that but for the times that I want GPS, I want one that's reliable.[QUOTE]

Actually, I use my GPS *EVERY* time I ride my bike! The speed on the GPS is much more accurate than stock Harley speedo's. Even though I've re-calibrated my speedo with my ThunderMax, I still rely on my GPS speed. It becomes a habit, & of course you have the area map, compass function, another fuel indicator, & whatever other functions the GPS offer right in front of you. Works just as well on the way to the neighborhood parts store as it does on the way to Seattle.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 PM
MOSTWANTED
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
The only time no coverage matters is when you are trying to get map data. If you plot your phone gps BEFORE you lose coverage, the app downloads the entire route prior to beginning the route. The only thing that you lose during periods of no coverage is the "real time" stuff such as weather and gas prices and traffic reports. Also, how can yiu expect to have coverage on a road that's not even paved? Wow...
I didn't know it wasn't paved until I got there following google maps which showed it as the same kind of road as the paved state hwy I was traveling on to get there which was the whole point of having navigation to get me to where I had never been before.