Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need good reasonably priced cycle shipping company

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013 | 05:28 AM
Timmy B
|
Outstanding HDF Member
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Default need good reasonably priced cycle shipping company

Hello all,

I had a plan to go back to Boston and pick up my limited ride it back to mexico during the last week in March and 1st week in April, and then at the end of June ride it to North Dakota and then over back to Boston during June and July and then fly back to Mexico for work at the start of August. Now I have other obligations and only have a few days IN March and April. I want to ship the bike from Abington Ma. to Laredo Texas. so I can still pick it up and have the bike for the summer trip. I need a company that is cheap and good. any suggestions?

Old 01-17-2013 | 10:25 AM
keno
Road Master

I'm also interested. Need to ship a bike from N. Carolina to here in Arizona..

Old 01-17-2013 | 10:29 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

My buddy bought a bike in WI and it was shipped via http://www.haulbikes.com/

It arrived in great shape. I think it was $600.

Old 01-17-2013 | 10:34 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Haul Bikes is reasonably priced but keep in mind that they advertise an average shipping time of 28 days. They picked up my bike in Montana on December 12 to ship to CA. It went to PA first and sat there for a month. They just called and said it would be here between the 23rd and 25th. I get the fact that for $550.00 they can't load my bike in an eighteen wheeler and deliver it 1000 miles to my door. Just be advised that they won't promise a definite delivery date because they need enough bikes on the truck to make the trip worth it.

Old 01-17-2013 | 11:36 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Keyboard Carriage brought my Heritage Springer from NC to CO last winter. I was happy with the service, and the bike arrived without any issues. I would use them again, if needed.

Old 01-17-2013 | 01:40 PM
grbrown
Club Member

We've had several shipping threads recently, asking a similar question. Use Search above and you will find a few recent ones, scattered about HDF. Put 'shipping' in the advanced search, for titles only, and there are some useful looking ones on the first page.

Old 01-17-2013 | 02:01 PM
jeveretts
Cruiser

I have sold a few motorcycles on ebay, and in all but one, I used forward air.
The one time I didn't use them, I used uship. THe uship carrier was just a dude with an enclused trailer, he got a BMW Airhead GS from FL to IL with zero issues.

Old 01-17-2013 | 02:16 PM
karbar99
Club Member

Originally Posted by jeveretts
I have sold a few motorcycles on ebay, and in all but one, I used forward air.
The one time I didn't use them, I used uship. THe uship carrier was just a dude with an enclused trailer, he got a BMW Airhead GS from FL to IL with zero issues.
You mention "uship".
I know it's just a tv show but remember the episode on "Shipping Wars" when Marc "The Big Rig" was allowed to ride a Streetglide prior to loading and was told by the seller, "sure, take it for a ride". That's the first thing that I thought of.

Old 01-17-2013 | 03:21 PM
mrwatson75
Tourer

I used uship and cost me 375 to ship from Daytona, FL to DFW..no problems

Old 01-17-2013 | 05:14 PM
rwtrick
Road Captain

Are you a H.O.G. member? I used the program and shipped with Federal Motorcycle Shipping. They delivered when they said they would and took care of the bike - no complaints?

Quick Reply: need good reasonably priced cycle shipping company