Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could use advice on used Streetglide please

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I went from a 08 FB to a 12 Streetglide. I couldn't be any happier No regrets whatsoever. The wife likes it's a lot better also. I think I paid around 20 g for mine brand new. Seems like the used one's are about the same price at the dealer.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from an 07 FLHRS to an 09 FLHX. I loved the Roadking but wanted that batwing look and tunes. I looked for mine for a couple of months. I test rode several models/years/setups at dealerships and knew I wanted the 09 or newer due to the new frame design, throttle by wire and other things that 09 brought to us. I was lucky to find mine off a Craiglist ad, but I had to buy it sight-unseen because it was literally located across the Conus from me (I live in Washington, and it was in Indiana). I paid $16,500 for it and it had under 6K miles on it and the owner had chromed everything on the engine. There are great deals out there if you are patient. Don't get sucked into a deal without comparing dealer to dealer, look at consignments, and don't be afraid of the C-word (Craiglist).....I used Ad-Hunt'r which combines different sites together for a single search/item. My only complaint on the SG is the wind buffeting I get at my eye/forehead area. I found that I had to go from sunglasses to goggles to make it tolerable. I use an 8.5" Klockwerks recurved shield on the batwing. I know that if you go with a taller shield you can pretty much get rid of the buffeting, but I think it ruins the cool look of the low profile on the batwing......also don't expect that the stock Harmon Kardon stereo is going to provide high-quality sound. Between the wind buffeting and the sound of your pipes the stereo is really just nice background noise---which is fine with me. I wanted music but didn't want to ride around with a stereo cranked up all day. Probably more of a write up than you wanted, but hey it's the forums!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 AM
mike 09
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the info. I think im going to take a trip to my local dealer to check out new and used. I know I can get a better price used by a private owner but it just seems alot easier from a dealer. What do you guys think a fair price on a 2010 with 17k miles would be? Thanks again, Mike

Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
mike 09
Cruiser

Thanks TJ, How tall are you? I am only 5'6" so I dont know how bad the buffeting would be for me.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
rufasim
Road Warrior
Received 155 Likes on 110 Posts

Dont worry about the buffeting. An easy fix. When I rode mine home from the dealer I thought I was going to get thrown from the bike. I added an 8" windshield from LRS and the wings that fit under the batwing from the moco. About $100 combined. LRS sells the wings now also, if I remember correctly. I now travel around 80 mph with my half helmet and a pair of glasses. No problem at all. I forgot my glasses one day and didn't even realize it till I got to work.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 6'0 with a 32" inseam. I use a C&C Solo seat which helps set me down into the bike, but I still get the buffeting. I have been told that shorter riders don't have as much problems with it, and the longer/taller shields should really help.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Here's my opinion and you already spoke on this. The price that you mentioned may be a bit high (I got my 2012 for $18999 or something like that) but I prefer to deal with a dealer over a private party. Who knows what someone did to it. If they modded it, was it done properly. If you have a good dealer, before it goes on the floor, they'll inspect it properly.

This is my first Harley but 3rd bike. I don't think you need to do much to it. I have no problem doing 500 miles on my bike. I picked it up July 3rd and I now have 4700 miles on it. Riding it is a pleasure. I just put on cruise control and just enjoy the ride. Goodluck!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
So-Cal Street Glide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Love my 2011 SG best ride out there in my opinion. As far as price for a used one goes, i would NOT buy from a dealership, you will not get a decent price and better off buying a new one for 1-2k more. Buy one from a private seller, you still get the warranty, you get any upgrades they did and the price will be much cheaper but you need to be patient to find the good deal. My buddy just found the same year/model SG as mine with 6K in upgrades for 18k bike had 900 miles on it and full warranty. be patient.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2011 FLHX with chopped tour pack and VH exhaust 6,900 miles, $17500.00 on Craigs list in KC

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/3549773239.html

Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
F150Marine
Cruiser

Late last year I made the decision it was time for a Harley over my metric. Old bike was like a Fat Boy type and had my mind on a Road King. Well after renting the King and the Street glide I was sold. I road the King all day and thought well this is nice, but int he first 5 minutes on the Street Glide I knew this was the bike for me..

To prepare for my bike I saved up the cash in hand then started my Craigslist search (I even reached out to the members on here). I search most western states as I am in AZ. I ended up with a 2011 103 ABS\Security, cruise with 236 miles for 18400 cash. A few extra parts but I could tell it was babied and on a charger, bike was perfect so on 10-31-2012 I road her home from Albuquerque NM to Phoenix AZ non-stop and have not regretted a minute of my investment.

I would recommend by from a private party, rent one to be sure and then jump when the time is right with cash.

Quick Reply: Could use advice on used Streetglide please