Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013 | 06:51 PM
Super26
|
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on exhausts

I am currently running stock pipes with SE slip on's on my 09 road king. I am about to upgrade the pipes. I am looking at either the 2 into 2 or the 2 into 1 into 2, I have read that they both provide different performance features. Which is the better way to go?

Old 01-16-2013 | 07:07 PM
A5Firearms
Tourer

Depends on what you want as the end game. For me, I think I am going to go with the Vance & Hines Power duals. I like the looks, plus I have heard good things about the performance. They are supposed to create low end torque due to the "X" chamber design.

Old 01-16-2013 | 07:07 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I currently run V&H Dresser Duals which is a 2 into 2. It has a cleaner look but but the 2-1-2 will give a little more performance along with tending to be a little quieter than the 2-2 with the same mufflers.

Old 01-16-2013 | 08:02 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

im running cobra power ports with gutted se slipons. Cobra came with the coating inside and out and were a breeze to install. They have a "crossover" chamber in the middle to balance out the exhaust pulses and create more power throught the whole rpm range. also with the gutted se slip ons, it sounds phenominal. i decided with that instead of the true duals because i knew my slipons would be straight pipes and i needed to get the backpressure back from somewhere. plus they were only like $400 shipped. good luck

Old 01-16-2013 | 10:52 PM
the warden
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running the Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe from FM with monster ovals. Very nicely built pipes and look to be very well engineered for max power. They use the stock heat shield and I liked that. Very happy with them.

Old 01-16-2013 | 10:57 PM
KIDD_ADMC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by A5Firearms
Depends on what you want as the end game. For me, I think I am going to go with the Vance & Hines Power duals. I like the looks, plus I have heard good things about the performance. They are supposed to create low end torque due to the "X" chamber design.
correct, I personally went with V&H big shots with no baffles. lets just say my neighbors aren't too pleased

Old 01-16-2013 | 11:30 PM
gdoc89
Tourer

Originally Posted by KIDD_ADMC
correct, I personally went with V&H big shots with no baffles. lets just say my neighbors aren't too pleased
i have these as well and love them. I haven't had any complaints from the neighbors yet......course they don't really speak to me at all.......

Old 01-17-2013 | 05:53 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

I am running dresser duals and V&H MOnster rounds with the baffles and it is not to loud, but sounds great. The performance with the heavy breather on the 88" is very good on my 2004 road king and on my limited I have Klocks slip-ons and fuel moto cermic coated headers with cams and air. I think it is an Awesome set-up

Old 01-17-2013 | 07:27 AM
Big Al SG
Advanced

I'm running Rush slip-ons with a 2.5 baffle on a 2011 Street Glide,PV-C and Harley A/C.
Changing the whole exhaust next week with V and H Big Shots and a Screaming Eagle tuner. Just didn't like the sound of the exhaust. I realize I would have gotten more performance out of a 2-1-2 system, but I like the sleekness and sound of the Big Shots.
Just my 2cents worth.

Old 01-17-2013 | 07:37 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

The question is, why are do ya want to change the header? The non cat '09 header is the best of the stockers. Going to a 2-1-2 or 2-1 isn't gonna change the sound or performance much on a stage 1 bike. A 2-2 does have a different sound but ya may lose some performance. IMHO a cam change would be a much better bang for the buck in sound and performance for not much /if any more dollars .

Quick Reply: Thoughts on exhausts