Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Siren II - Disable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Smart Siren II - Disable?

Is there a way to disable the Siren so it doesn't sound off when the bike is disturbed, rather does the standard light flash, AND transmits to the remote receiver?

I installed the Smart Siren last night after it sat on my workbench for months. Odd thing is when I looked at the instructions, it seemed a bit more difficult than it was. I watched a video (I'll put the link below) and didn't even take the instructions with me when I went to install it. Did it from memory from the video and it was on and working in 15 minutes.

I can get it to go from 'Chirp' mode to 'Chirpless', but what if I want to disable the siren alltogether? Haven't seen any posts or anything in the owners or service manuals. Thinking it might be nice to be able to turn it off now and then.

Scroll to the bottom of the 1st page in the link below and you'll see the video. Eight minutes, well worth it.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ble-alarm.html

Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
saxfiend
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What am I missing here? Why did you install the siren in the first place if you don't want it going off?

JL

Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Johnny G
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable smart siren

Other than actually disconnecting the siren itself, which will still go off by use of it's own battery for a while, here is how you do it. Turn the ignition to the 'ON" position. Next remove the left side cover and there should be " The Main Fuse" large in size, PULL IT. You will see everything go dead. Leave the ignition in the"ON" position. Do what ever work you need too, and reconnect the fuse, and turn off the ignition. You will have to reset the radio and clock settings, but no siren will go off.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Joe6Pack
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Johnny G
Other than actually disconnecting the siren itself, which will still go off by use of it's own battery for a while, here is how you do it. Turn the ignition to the 'ON" position. Next remove the left side cover and there should be " The Main Fuse" large in size, PULL IT. You will see everything go dead. Leave the ignition in the"ON" position. Do what ever work you need too, and reconnect the fuse, and turn off the ignition. You will have to reset the radio and clock settings, but no siren will go off.
Thanks. Installed my siren a few days ago and today I went to install my new amp and speakers. Couldn't figure out to disarm the siren so it wouldn't go off when I either pulled the Maxifuse or disconnect the battery. This worked perfectly.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

You can park it in "Transport Mode" if that helps, owners manual tells you how, good for working on the bike or if transporting on a trailer etc.. Disables the siren for one iginition cycle.

added: the procedure is in your bikes owners manual, not the installation manual for the siren, at least thats what I remember.

Last edited by EricD10563; 02-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,363 Likes on 2,540 Posts

transport mode will disable the security for one ignition cycle, but it will still retain the ignition protection. so people will be able to bump, move, etc. the bike, but the alarm will go off if someone tries to start it without the fob being present.

what i am understanding from the op is that he wants to be able to silence the siren, but still retain the pager function if someone messes with his bike. i don't think that you are able to get this 'silent alarm' function.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just take the FOB with you when you are working on the bike. Siren won't sound if the FOB is in the vacinity of the bike. However, it is a good idea to remove the Maxi Fuse when working on your bike.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Joe6Pack
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nute
Just take the FOB with you when you are working on the bike. Siren won't sound if the FOB is in the vacinity of the bike. However, it is a good idea to remove the Maxi Fuse when working on your bike.
Didn't work for me, as soon as I removed the negative battery cable or pulled the maxifuse the alarm went off.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 AM
jay87LX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe6Pack
Didn't work for me, as soon as I removed the negative battery cable or pulled the maxifuse the alarm went off.
Did you use the proper sequence by turning the ignition to "on" first?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,363 Likes on 2,540 Posts

i would say, no.....

Quick Reply: Smart Siren II - Disable?