Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome caliper mounting bolts

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
This would be the one to buy! NOT the one shown back a ways from alloyboltz. The reason the alloyboltz set do not have any shoulders on their bolts especially the short ones (same with gardner-Westcot) if you use these w/o any shoulders the calipers are gonna start walking on you and if they dont gall themselves to the threads and pull the aluminum out from the caliper next time you replace the pads, they will elongate the mounting hole in the fork legs.
Look at the pics above and you will see the shoulder. If you dont believe what I say ask any machinist or top grade mechanic thats worth his salt.
Simple reason is the threaded diameter of the bolt is smaller than the shoulder, and the hole is almost the diameter of the shoulder, not the threads.
And dont forget to chase the threads on chrome bolts before install, and use neverseeze.

Good point. I cannot remember of the bolts I received for mine were shouldered or not. The description from Alloy Boltz states that the Brembo bolts are shouldered though.

"This Show polished stainless steel front caliper bolt kit fits ALL Brembo front Calipers for the 2008 & Up FLT-FLH. The kit contains Show polished bolts to mount both of the the front calipers to the forks and the four Allens for the Caliper Halves.

These beautiful American Made flanged 12 point bolts are far stronger than the factory bolts and install with a 13mm 12 point socket or wrench. A special blended 300 Series of stainess is used to make these bolts. They are forged, heat treated, ground, and then roll threaded to gain their incredible strength. Tensile strength is rated at 170,000psi

The picture shows our regular polished kit. This kit has had all of the letters and forging marks removed and polished to a mirror finish."

Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
pinecroft
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 12 pt alloyboltz are shouldered.----paul