Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome caliper mounting bolts

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,525 Likes on 22,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
They have them but there not cheap.
http://www.depss.com/kits.php/15/Dis...er_&_Mounting/
They sure ain't are they?
Whewwww..

Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

Spend what you want, the Hot Toppers look great for less than $10 total, just a smooth chrome cover with no exposed bolts, I think they look better than bolts, to each his own.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

RaceFace this is what I looked at, which is for the '08 and newer. Strange that it's half the price for a similar set.

2008 & Up FLT-FLH Complete Brembo Front Grade 8 Caliper Kit
[08HDCM-CmpltCalipF] $32.00

Click to enlarge
This Complete polished stainless steel front caliper bolt kit fits ALL Brembo front Calipers for the 2008 & Up FLT-FLH. The kit contains polished bolts to mount both of the the front calipers to the forks and the four Allens for the Caliper Halves.

The beautiful American Made flanged 12 point bolts are far stronger than the factory bolts and install with a 13mm 12 point socket or wrench. A special blended 300 Series of stainess is used to make these bolts. They are forged, heat treated, ground, and then roll threaded to gain their incredible strength. Tensile strength is rated at 170,000psi

Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Loc_Tite
RaceFace this is what I looked at, which is for the '08 and newer. Strange that it's half the price for a similar set.
I know!! It doesnt make sense. Rat bastards!! LOL!!

Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Here is a complete two caliper set of polished SS hardware from AlloyBoltz for $32.

Thats the one that I used. Looks good and quality was great.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I have on the way an order from Alloyboltz. I'll let you guys know what I get. It's supposed to arrive on Saturday. I "thought" I ordered the complete set for the front brembo calipers AND i ordered a separate set for the rear brembo caliper. I'll take a photo and post when I get 'em.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I had PM calipers at one point. They came with chrome 12-point bolts. I saved these and used them when I mounted the Brembo calipers...maybe Performance Machine would sell you some chrome bolts?

Alan

Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
Sorry LocTite but your link didnt work for me. It brought up a login page.

Here's the link I was originally looking at when I posted. The pic shows all 4 bolts needed to mount to the sliders (both sides) yet at the bottom of the description, it says (2) kits required for dual disks.

1999-2008 Front Show Polish Grd 8 Caliper Kit
[00HD-Calip-SP] $35.95
Click to enlarge This Show polished stainless steel front caliper bolt kit fits ALL front Calipers for 1999 - 2008 Harleys except the Springers, Sportsters and the New Brembo Brakes on the V-Rod &08 FL's. The kit contains polished bolts to mount the caliper to the fork and bolts for bolting the 2 halves of the caliper together.

These beautiful American Made flanged 12 point bolts are far stronger than the factory bolts and install with a 13mm 12 point socket or wrench. A special blended 300 Series of stainess is used to make these bolts. They are forged, heat treated, ground, and then roll threaded to gain their incredible strength. Tensile strength is rated at 170,000psi

This kit is for one caliper and if you have dual disc brakes, you will need 2 kits.
This would be the one to buy! NOT the one shown back a ways from alloyboltz. The reason the alloyboltz set do not have any shoulders on their bolts especially the short ones (same with gardner-Westcot) if you use these w/o any shoulders the calipers are gonna start walking on you and if they dont gall themselves to the threads and pull the aluminum out from the caliper next time you replace the pads, they will elongate the mounting hole in the fork legs.
Look at the pics above and you will see the shoulder. If you dont believe what I say ask any machinist or top grade mechanic thats worth his salt.
Simple reason is the threaded diameter of the bolt is smaller than the shoulder, and the hole is almost the diameter of the shoulder, not the threads.
And dont forget to chase the threads on chrome bolts before install, and use neverseeze.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh trust me Bagman1, that's why I wasn't a fan of the allen bolts I used briefly, no shoulder. That's why I'm considering down time and chroming my stockers. I should have had them chromed when I had my shoulder surgery....but NOOOOOOO...I wasnt THAT smart!! LOL!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 AM
gdoc89
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toppers......+1

Quick Reply: Chrome caliper mounting bolts