Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX Stock Wind Shield

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:03 AM
chopperz71
|
Road Master
Default FLHX Stock Wind Shield

I am sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't find it.

I am 6ft tall and I am going to pick up my new street glide on Saturday. How does the low profile stock windshield affect you? Is it comfortable to ride with a helmet? This will be my first bagger and I have heard a couple of people that are around my height say that the wind hit them directly in the head. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:07 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Default RE: FLHX Stock Wind Shield

I'm 5'11", have the 5" windshield, and I have no problems with the air, helmet or helmetless! That extra inch might make a difference, but I think the stock SG windshield is 6" isn't it?

I got bored one day and put my stock windshield on (EG Standard, so it had a clear 12" shield), and it felt worse than the chopped one! I swapped it because I was doing a PGR run during a cold day (for Phoenix), and thought it would help some......that would be a big Negatory!

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:11 AM
chopperz71
|
Road Master

Thx for the input crypt.

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:20 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Interestin' - for me, goin' to the max-height tinted Tulsa took the wind factor out, AND took the issue away of the windshield line bein' right in my line of sight. The vent will make it nice come the hot summer days, an' I now get NO kind of road debris/bugs in the eyes/forehead.

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:23 AM
UGGA
Road Captain

The stock Street Glide windshield is 4" and it's pretty much useless. It sure does look cool though on the showroom floor.

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:25 AM
chopperz71
|
Road Master

Ugga,
How do you like the shield in your pic, and which one is it?

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:26 AM
Canedog
Cruiser

I could not stand the standard 4" that came on my Street Glide. It would take your head off at 70. Ride it for a while and see what you think, I picked up another brand 8 inch for 32 buck at a local buddies shop. Dont buy the HD shield they will rob you blind, shop around at your local corner bike shops and you can find all sizes for $30-60 and up. Searh the forums here there are many, many post about windshields and sizes, makes, models, designs and for sales!

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:29 AM
UGGA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: chopperz71

Ugga,
How do you like the shield in your pic, and which one is it?
It's called the SSC, and is made by Cee Bailey's. Here's alink to a review I did a while back on the SSC. In short, I love it.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_286479/tm.htm

Doug

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:46 AM
musclehead
Cruiser

I'm 6'-3" and the stock shield on my FLHX was not satisfactory. I ordered a 10" light "smoke" grey windshield from www.fastaire.com, $30 plus s/h. I actually found it for a few bucks less on their e-bay store. I ordered on a Sunday night and received in the mail on Wednesday. High quality product that made a world of difference for me. This was a much better solution than the HD product at $125+.

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:54 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Wow, I didn't realize the SG shield was shorter than mine....good to know (well I don't really care that much!)

I got my windshield from Ebay for about $30 including shipping. Excellent customer service, and the quality is good too! This is actually my 2nd shield from them; my first one got scratched up pretty bad by my overzealous brother in law who sprayed it and rubbed it good with windex! Other than that (and that's really a no-no for almost all M/C windshields!) they have both been great. Various sizes too......

Quick Reply: FLHX Stock Wind Shield