Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King Tour Pak

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:06 AM
bigbean78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Tour Pak

I've been looking Harleys online for over a month, and pretty much decided I want an Glide Classic. I love the looks of the Street, but I'm wanting to take some long trips and really need the Tour Pak. How easy is it to remove the Tour Pak? I'd like to take it off now and then when I wanna change the look of the bike, I've looked the HD catalog up and down and haven't seen quick detach hardware for it.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 AM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: King Tour Pak

Here's an entire thread on detachable tour packs .. enjoy!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_820550/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 AM
nightglide
Road Master

Leather?

Old 02-06-2007, 01:13 AM
UGGA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bigbean78

I love the looks of the Street, but I'm wanting to take some long trips and really need the Tour Pak. How easy is it to remove the Tour Pak? I'd like to take it off now and then when I wanna change the look of the bike, I've looked the HD catalog up and down and haven't seen quick detach hardware for it.
If you love the looks of the Street Glide (I assume that's what you mean by street), go for it. You can still attach a quick-detachable king tour pack in about a minute. Here's a pic of the king tour pack on my Street Glide.

I'm getting ready to go on a 15 day solo trip around the western U.S. - you can do it! Just change the handlebars, seat, shocks, windscreen and install the tour pack. You will have a touring rig that will take you anywhere and as far as you want to go.

Doug

Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 AM
jbleim
Advanced

Bigbean -

I know exactly what you are going through. I wanted a king tour pack for the longer trips. Like you I loved the Street Glide looks, but the practical side of my brian said to get an Electra Glide Classic. After visiting the dealership serveral times, if finally decided to get the bike I visually liked the most - the Street Glide. I bought the king tour pack along with it including the quick detach hardware.

My advise - go with the bike that looks the best to you. My gut told me to go with the Street Glide and I'm sure glad I did.

Best of luck in your decision.

Regards,
J.B.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 AM
jbleim
Advanced

Right on Doug! Your sig pic has me drooling! I just purchased a 07 SG last week (black pearl, of course ) and added the king tour pack right away. Just seeing your bike further validates that I'm happy with my decision.

Have a great trip!

BTW - what pipes are those?

Regards,
J.B.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:31 AM
UGGA
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jbleim

Right on Doug! Your sig pic has me drooling! I just purchased a 07 SG last week (black pearl, of course ) and added the king tour pack right away. Just seeing your bike further validates that I'm happy with my decision.

Have a great trip!

BTW - what pipes are those?

Regards,
J.B.
Hey J.B.

When you see that black pearl out in the sun it will bring tears to your eyes. Congrats on the new purchase! The pipes are Hookers, and they have an awesome sound. I use to like the Rush, Vance & Hines, and the Wild Pigs. Then one day I heard a guy ride by with the Hookers, and I immediately sold all of my other pipes and bought the Hookers. I've spent more money on different exhausts than I like to admit, but thankfully those days are finished. Enjoy your new ride.

Doug

Old 02-06-2007, 02:06 AM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the old style detachable hardwear. It works good for me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/D9CA23D19CFF418E8F7BE7D2E6B4D8B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2007, 12:07 PM
bigbean78
Cruiser

Wow, what a response! Thanks for the thread, wldhogn...and thanks to everyone else for the pics and insight. A Harley buddy at work says I should go for the Classic, cause I can unbolt and remove the Tour Pak without too much difficulty. I guess I need to go back to thestealer and lookathowit's mounted...

Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
bluehwytn
Advanced

I went with the Electra Glide standard since I really didn't want a radio and if I want to I can install a satellite radio for the longer rides. As for the tour pak I'm going to be ordering a pack from www.mutazu.com since I can't see spending a ton of cash on a rack I won't use all the time. $700.00 can be used for other mods and the mutazu rack is quite a deal and I've already got the detachable hardware and rack for x-mas. I really like the clean look of the standard and I can always lower it for quite a bit less than a street glide. This is just my opinion since I know the street glide owners really enjoy their bikes as much as I do mine. The cost savings over the classic is quite a bit and once you get a passenger I'm sure the tour pak will stay on longer.

Scott

Quick Reply: King Tour Pak