Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polish and wax the good, the bad, the ugly????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:17 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Vivid Black

Years ago a friend told me that NuFinish got the CR best wax nod. I really liked it on my cars and trucks. I continued to use it on my bike as well and as they say... "Once a Year" and detail spray in between. When the old bottle of Meguiar's ran out decided to try Turtle Wax detailer for black. Happy with this also so I went ahead and got the TW Black Box !! Black cleaner, wax and detailer. Next time I do the black overhaul I will wear rubber gloves cuz I got black hands too

Another plug for Turtle Wax is there trim restorer. Made the fading plastic passenger floor boards look showroom new and no greasy wet look.

SC

Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 PM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Worst I ever used, "ice" the best I ever used, tie between auto magic carnuba and nu finish. Best compromise for long lasting and easy to use, "nxt generation" wax. Worst product ever? "Nevr dull" magic wadding. Includes free magic scratching!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info guys, thanks for sharing. I use Meguires quick detailer for in between washes but looking for a good wax.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mother's California gold spray detailer. Gets the bugs off with no scratches on my black paint.....

Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
ShadowMonster
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jswerve
Good info guys, thanks for sharing. I use Meguires quick detailer for in between washes but looking for a good wax.
Keep in mind, if you go with a carnauba wax it will yellow over time and have to be stripped and redone, one reason many are going with polymers and synthetic polishes.

Last edited by ShadowMonster; 01-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ShadowMonster
Keep in mind, if you go with a carnauba wax it will yellow over time and have to be stripped and redone, one reason many are going with polymers and synthetic polishes.
Yeah I have been looking for a good polymer, still undecided

Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Ray Lloyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up RE: Wax etc

Like many of you, I've used just about every product out there with varying results.

I don't really care about any product anymore, I've settled on Turtle Wax "Black Box" (Only for black paint, though)

It contains a paint cleaner and smoother that removes all those little hairline scratches that you can see in the sun that is black colored, and a really good black colored wax that leaves the paint as smooth as a baby's ***.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Dozer40
Road Warrior
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

Mothers has a good line of products. To be honest my 07 never seen wax until I was ready to trade it in. Now I have an orbital polisher with all the trimmings. The first thing I did with my new bike was hit it with carnauba.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S100 products for over 15 years with no problems or complaints.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Rejex is one of my favorites Almost nothing sticks to it if you follow instructions.

Quick Reply: Polish and wax the good, the bad, the ugly????