Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision with a Power Commaner V

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
zwildman
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Power Vision with a Power Commaner V

Hi everybody, I'm new here so bear with me as I get to know everyone and learn the ropes. Been lurking for a while and have found some good information here (and some great entertainment ) so I thought I would pose a question to those using Dynojet products.

I have a 2012 Road Glide Custom (103) with a Big Sucker, Bassani Road Rage II and a Power Commander V with Autotune. My question is, would it be any benefit to get a Powervision, flash my ECM with my latest tune and then continue to run the Power Commander V with Autotune? Would selling the PC V be the best option after upgrading since the PV can use the same autotune module?

The PC V and Autotune has done a great job of tuning the bike, runs strong without any hiccups or pops and has performed flawlessly in the year I've had it on the bike so I'm very happy with the PC V. I do, however, like some of the features of the Powervision from my reading here and elsewhere but I really like the PCV's ability to constantly re-tune the bike in real time. I ride in all seasons and all altitudes, from sea level to 5-6K feet, and it seems to me that real time autotuning would be a plus given these conditions.

I suppose after flashing the ECM my fuel tables would autotune themselves down to near 0% change but there would still be some real time tuning for different conditions. Is the ECM's ability to take into account varying barometric pressure enough?

Just hoping someone here has tried this and maybe Jamie would chime in with his thoughts. Thanks in advance and glad to be a part of the hdforums community.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Personally, I sold my PCV when I went to the Power Vision. I too had / have the Autotune module so I just bought the cable to use it with the Power Vision. After you do some tuning runs with the Power Vision and Autotune you'll have no need for that PCV.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power Vision is the latest and greatest IMO just ditch the PC-V and stay with the Vision

Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
USAFANG67
Road Master

Originally Posted by The Q
Personally, I sold my PCV when I went to the Power Vision. I too had / have the Autotune module so I just bought the cable to use it with the Power Vision. After you do some tuning runs with the Power Vision and Autotune you'll have no need for that PCV.
Autotune.......that's the route I should have gone but since I have the PCV with Stage 1 it's a far cry from stock. Day and nite difference.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check out the FuelMoto web site, i think they still may have the deal, where you can send them your old tuner, and you get about $150.00 off of the purchase of a PV tuner.
Again, i am not 100% sure they are still running this deal.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/tunein.html

Here is the link for the tuner trade in deal which is going on until the end of January 2013, jump on the deal if you can.

Last edited by mgmmgm; 01-11-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/tunein.html
Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 AM
USAFANG67
Road Master

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
check out the FuelMoto web site, i think they still may have the deal, where you can send them your old tuner, and you get about $150.00 off of the purchase of a PV tuner.
Again, i am not 100% sure they are still running this deal.
Many thanks for the tip! I'll think about doing this after I mount my new combo HD Tach/Speedo.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 972 Posts

isn't there a new auto tune feature for the power vision?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 AM
The Q
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by USAFANG67
Autotune.......that's the route I should have gone but since I have the PCV with Stage 1 it's a far cry from stock. Day and nite difference.
My bike is also far from stock. Stage 1 air intake, Bub 7 True Duals and S&S 551 Easy Start Cams. The Wide Band O2's with the Autotune module and Power Vision WILL do the trick in getting your tune set. With the Power Vision there is no need for the PCV.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM
USAFANG67
Road Master

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
Good question for Fuel Moto. I'll send them an email or give them a call when I get back from doing errands.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 AM
The Q
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joe12RK
Yes! You can run either "Basic" or "Pro" Autotunes with the new Power Vision. The "Basic" uses your factory narrow band O2 sensors to preform the tune and the "Pro" uses Dynojets Autotune module with Wide Band O2 sensors. You'll achieve a good tune with both, but the Wide Band will get you the best tune. Lots of info on the Fuel Moto and Dynojet websites.

Quick Reply: Power Vision with a Power Commaner V