Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Power Vision

So I got my Power Vision tuner from Fuel Moto today, first impression was how small it is, for some reason I expected something around the size of a GPS but this is tiny, anyway I did not think it would make a huge difference other than maybe smooth things out a bit but I was wrong. It was an easy hook up and I loaded the tune I had asked for, I swear the bike has a new engine now, it is so smooth and pulls like a train now, my 5 minute test ride turned into thirty minutes, I thought the bike was ok before but now it is so much more, there is a definite improvement in both hp and tq. No idea what the original tune was but it had obviously been flashed before for the stage one as the rev limits were up, but this new tune is unbelievably better.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The Power Vision is nice, but that is fuel moto's map making your bike run so smooth.

I just installed TW222 cams and fuel moto head pipe, fuel moto supplied the power vision map. It ran flawlessly right of the bat.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If you think it runs good now just wait until you do a couple tuning runs.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Teardrop
If you think it runs good now just wait until you do a couple tuning runs.
You mean the auto tune with the existing narrow band O2 sensors, will that really make a difference?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

Yep. I tuned mine with narrow band sensors and like I said it made a world of difference.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep. I tuned mine with narrow band sensors and like I said it made a world of difference.
Good to know, was not sure if that was worth it, I am impressed with the tune from Fuelmoto.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

FM has all the parameters dialed in on your map for YOUR setup like timing, AFR, etc. but the one thing they can't setup in the tune for your bike is the VE tables unless of course they were to dyno it at their shop. Once you get the VE's dialed in I bet your bike will run much better than it does today. Here is a link to a Power Vision thread that will explain it much better than I could ever hope to. Be prepared for some long reading though.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...-by-admin.html

Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FM has all the parameters dialed in on your map for YOUR setup like timing, AFR, etc. but the one thing they can't setup in the tune for your bike is the VE tables unless of course they were to dyno it at their shop. Once you get the VE's dialed in I bet your bike will run much better than it does today. Here is a link to a Power Vision thread that will explain it much better than I could ever hope to. Be prepared for some long reading though.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...-by-admin.html
Thanks for sharing I have the PV with a preloaded FM map and it runs great but I eventually want to add the auto tune function and get the most out of my PV and my 110 motor.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
Thanks for sharing I have the PV with a preloaded FM map and it runs great but I eventually want to add the auto tune function and get the most out of my PV and my 110 motor.
Nothing to add if you want to stay with the stock O2 sensors. Switch to the wide band sensors for even more capability.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default narrow band

Really? My RKC with PV from FM and their map and the TW222 cams runs
really good, and you say that running some tune runs with the narrow band
sensors will provide even more hp/trq?

I wonder how much difference it makes?

Quick Reply: Power Vision