Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some interesting info on the Mustang Lowdown seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Got some interesting info on the Mustang Lowdown seat

So on my quest for a new seat I decided to make some calls today. One of my conversations was with Mustang in regards to their Lowdown seat. From many things I have read this seat seems to push you forward a bit. Well I found out why. There is actually two versions of the Lowdown. A 79650 which has been discontinued and a 79700 which is the current version. The 79650 when released was for 09 and up models. The new 79700 is for 08 and up. The 79650 did scoot you forward but it was redesigned to where it does not move you forward and re-released as the 79700. Just thought I would pass this on for anyone considering the Lowdown or that was turned off by the reviews that said ti pushed you forward.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You getting one? Is that the solo with passenger pillion?
Anyone out there got one that can share experience and pics with this seat?

Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate this post--I have been looking at this seat and trying to get information from Mustang on it. I am 6'0 with a 32-33" inseam and was concerned about what it would mean for my riding position. The lady I was talking to at Mustang said she was concerned this seat might push me forward too far, but it sounds like that may not be true.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TJRKC
I appreciate this post--I have been looking at this seat and trying to get information from Mustang on it. I am 6'0 with a 32-33" inseam and was concerned about what it would mean for my riding position. The lady I was talking to at Mustang said she was concerned this seat might push me forward too far, but it sounds like that may not be true.
Just curious why you would even consider the Lowdown with that height and inseam. Sounds like you could use one of their other seats like the Sport Tour or Super Touring. I'm 5'8" with a 28" inseam. That is why I am considering this seat.

Roger That: It is between this one and the Danny Grey Long Haul right now. This is not a solo. It is a 2-up one piece seat.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Just curious why you would even consider the Lowdown with that height and inseam. Sounds like you could use one of their other seats like the Sport Tour or Super Touring. I'm 5'8" with a 28" inseam. That is why I am considering this seat.

Roger That: It is between this one and the Danny Grey Long Haul right now. This is not a solo. It is a 2-up one piece seat.
Warning...Mustang will not lower you but will be taller...5'8" and 28 inseam here also...fall rally at Thunderbeach while at the Mustang tent they could not lower me with any of their seats...only made me taller...I had a Mustang on my VTX1800 and loved it but not for the King...

Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM
skydiverchuck
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not take your stock seat and send it off to be re-shaped and have the foam replaced for a fraction of the cost of a new seat? Im not saying dont get it if thats what you want to do. Just wondering why you wouldn't try saving some cash

Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
Warning...Mustang will not lower you but will be taller...5'8" and 28 inseam here also...fall rally at Thunderbeach while at the Mustang tent they could not lower me with any of their seats...only made me taller...I had a Mustang on my VTX1800 and loved it but not for the King...
Not sure what you are talking about. I had a lowdown and it did lower me. I just didn't like the comfort factor on a long ride. Foam too thin for my butt.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
TJRKC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock 09 SG seat is too narrow at the back to make a decent seating area for the passenger. I've had a couple of Mustangs and liked them, so am thinking of getting one of the touring setups and having it modified by Meancity. Seems to me that the passenger portion of the touring two-ups are much wider and thicker to begin with.

As for considering the Lowdown, I want to sit in the bike not on it....I was hoping with the narrower nose and reading that it sits the rider lower I might be more comfortable on it than I am on my current C&C Solo.