Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" front what about rear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013 | 06:16 PM
KickassHog
|
2nd Gear
Default 21" front what about rear?

Wanna do 21 front on my 2012 streetglide, what size for rear 17 or 18 and do I need to lower front?

Old 01-06-2013 | 06:43 PM
St Glide
Cruiser

17 rear with a 1" drop on rear. You want to lower the front with a 2" drop for sure. Otherwise the bike will sit with the front higher and won't handle for crap. The only thing is you will loose some front end suspension travel but well with it for the bike to handle right. Good luck!

Old 01-06-2013 | 08:13 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by St Glide
17 rear with a 1" drop on rear. You want to lower the front with a 2" drop for sure. Otherwise the bike will sit with the front higher and won't handle for crap. The only thing is you will loose some front end suspension travel but well with it for the bike to handle right. Good luck!
I went with 21" front and 17" rear with a 200mm tire. Why would I need to lower? I'm 6'5" and lowering a bike doesn't sound functional for my long legs.

Old 01-06-2013 | 08:17 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

A 17x6.25 with a 200/50/17 tire will keep the rear of the bike at virtually the same height as stock. The 21 will raise the front of the bike 1.25". So most people will lower the front about 1" or so. I think 2" is too much of a drop as you will lose most of the travel in your front forks. But to each their own.

If you are taller (6'5") you can do an 18x5.5 which will sit you about 3/4" higher in the rear. If you have questions please feel free to call us at the shop during the week. We have done virtually any setup for rims that you can think of.

Old 01-06-2013 | 09:12 PM
HTNHARD
Tourer

Well said ^^^

Old 01-06-2013 | 11:03 PM
brandss
Road Captain

HogPro
I have to say that I've read a lot of these threads when it comes to wheels and I find it refreshing to see that you guys always seem to be on top of these posts. I realize you do it to hopefully gain business but you never run down another competitor and always seem to offer honest advice. I think it's a great way to do business and other companies should model what you do. Hopefully I will be calling soon to order some wheels. Next big upgrade for me.

Old 01-06-2013 | 11:43 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brandss
HogPro
I have to say that I've read a lot of these threads when it comes to wheels and I find it refreshing to see that you guys always seem to be on top of these posts. I realize you do it to hopefully gain business but you never run down another competitor and always seem to offer honest advice. I think it's a great way to do business and other companies should model what you do. Hopefully I will be calling soon to order some wheels. Next big upgrade for me.
......+1

Old 01-07-2013 | 06:49 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brandss
HogPro

+2 What he said!

Old 01-07-2013 | 12:24 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hogpro
A 17x6.25 with a 200/50/17 tire will keep the rear of the bike at virtually the same height as stock. The 21 will raise the front of the bike 1.25". So most people will lower the front about 1" or so. I think 2" is too much of a drop as you will lose most of the travel in your front forks. But to each their own.

If you are taller (6'5") you can do an 18x5.5 which will sit you about 3/4" higher in the rear. If you have questions please feel free to call us at the shop during the week. We have done virtually any setup for rims that you can think of.
Listen to this guy.

Old 01-07-2013 | 12:53 PM
glcash
Road Warrior

Hogpro has great customer service. I ordered a Renegade air cleaner from them. Nice guys.

Quick Reply: 21" front what about rear?