Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vance & hines fuel pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Toyman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: vance & hines fuel pack

I'm running it on my 06 Ultra and am very pleased with the bike's performance.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ESTOERP

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Best thing about a fuel pack over a PCIII is it does not effect the starting up as the PCIII does, You get a little better performance and ajustability on the PCIII but it also makes your bike have to turn the engine over several times before it fires. The fuel pack starts first turn like the stock ecm does.
???? That's true???? There's no solution???
None Ive heard of, many posts on it a while back, aggravating as hell to me, Ive been tempted to switch back to the fuel pack or go with the SERT to get back those quick start ups.
Even with throttle position correctly set?????
The throttle position is not the problem, seems the PCIII doesn't fire till about the third turn, something to do with the fuel pump circuit. But if you hit the starter button before the fuel pump has ended its initial run(that little noise you here when you turn on the power) it will start right up. I wish jamie or somebody could cure this!

Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best thing about a fuel pack over a PCIII is it does not effect the starting up as the PCIII does, You get a little better performance and ajustability on the PCIII but it also makes your bike have to turn the engine over several times before it fires. The fuel pack starts first turn like the stock ecm does.
???? That's true???? There's no solution???
None Ive heard of, many posts on it a while back, aggravating as hell to me, Ive been tempted to switch back to the fuel pack or go with the SERT to get back those quick start ups.

Even with throttle position correctly set?????
The throttle position is not the problem, seems the PCIII doesn't fire till about the third turn, something to do with the fuel pump circuit. But if you hit the starter button before the fuel pump has ended its initial run(that little noise you here when you turn on the power) it will start right up. I wish jamie or somebody could cure this!

And that brings up the question. Are they trying to fix that problem. I will be buying a fuel management in the near future and I was almost sold on the PCIII. But then other ideas and comments keep coming up, it makes it pretty confusing sometimes with all the choices one has.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The fuel pack is perfect for your set up,but believe me,in time your gonna stroke that motor some more and the pc III works with a wider range of brand name pipes!If you have a laptop you can fine tune the maps yourself!Since iv'e switched,mine does start up a lil longer but it doesn't bother me!Good luck,and ride safe!
BTW-V&H didn't have a map for the thundercone slips,SE a/c,and TD's at the time i switched.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 AM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: GMONEY220

The fuel pack is perfect for your set up,but believe me,in time your gonna stroke that motor some more and the pc III works with a wider range of brand name pipes!If you have a laptop you can fine tune the maps yourself!Since iv'e switched,mine does start up a lil longer but it doesn't bother me!Good luck,and ride safe!
BTW-V&H didn't have a map for the thundercone slips,SE a/c,and TD's at the time i switched.
Gmoney, it seems that VH has that setup now. I've just purchased your pipe setup (thanks) and I'll try the fuelpak with it and let you know how it works out. I don't ever think that I'll mess with my motor (cam wise / bore stroke) I'm hoping that the fuelpak will work for me.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:48 PM
tloc
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about a thunder header with the V/H fuel pack? Good or bad ! Thanks for some input.