Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn ISO Boards... How R They?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Kuryakyn ISO Boards... How R They?

I am looking to replace the rider and passenger boards on my Road Glide and planning to go either Harley with the skull inserts or replace the whole board with Kuryakyn Iso Boards. Just curious if anyone can give me opinions on install, how comfortable they are, how they hold up over time and any thing else that may make a difference and last, would you buy them again?

Thanks
Boogey Man

Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn ISO Boards... How R They?

I used the ISO pegs as highway pegs on my FLSTCI. Great pegs. Really do get rid os the vibs. I'd have to think that the boards would be just as good.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: a.boogeyman

I am looking to replace the rider and passenger boards on my Road Glide and planning to go either Harley with the skull inserts or replace the whole board with Kuryakyn Iso Boards. Just curious if anyone can give me opinions on install, how comfortable they are, how they hold up over time and any thing else that may make a difference and last, would you buy them again?
I would not recommend the Kury Iso Boards. I had the driver set on my old RK for about a year, then removed and sold them. Although very attractive, they transmit an unacceptable amount of vibration to your feet, IMO. The stock inserts are isolated from the board by rubber shock absorbers, and after riding on the Kurys for a year the stock units were a dramatic improvement. The Kurys do have large rubber pads, but they are hard and do not do a good job of isolating vibration.

I say save some money and keep the stock boards, then buy some new inserts. OTOH, if you do little riding and no long trips you could justify them on cosmetic grounds, I suppose, but only if comfort is not a priority. I did like the larger size, but that wasn't a strong enough virtue for me to keep them.

In response to Keystone, I also have had Iso pegs on every bike I've owned for the past 12 years including this new SG, but it isn't the same. While the boards would vibrate like hell, the pegs would not do so nearly as much. I also have Iso grips, which IMO are the best grips on the market. I installed those on this bike without even considering anything else, and had Kuryakyn used the soft hollow rubber inserts like on the grips, perhaps the boards would've been better.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Thanks iclick. For what the charge for them, they need to provide more than just looks.

BM