Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind Chill Factor Chart

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 11rkc
How much would my johnson stretch at a buck 10?
That would depend on average total amount of intermediate surface contact friction.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

But just for *****-n-giggles lets just assume your johnson is 6 inches long, Now assuming 1 Foot per Second on an average evening = 0.681818 miles per hour, or 60 feet per mad minute @ 120 tpm ! You'd have to have a pretty beefy crank with good cylinder lubrication, but most assuredly will blow your rod......lol

Last edited by drukanfu; 01-04-2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: had to add.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM
prophet32
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing to this so i can come back and ee it after i get my picture privledges

Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonderful. IT only goes to 65mph. I'm guessing 70-80mph when it's 35 out means that is the legitimate answer to why my nipples always turn purple after riding!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrabella
Here is another chart that goes to 85 mph.

http://webmaster10.com/ldr/windchill.html
You have to read about thermal exchanges / thermodynamics to understand these values. For example when its 40°F with wind and rain my house furnace burns more oil than when it's freezing outside. The reason is the wind (increase of air pressure) blows away the air cushion that limits the temperature exchange and when it rains things get worse because the water eliminates (gets underneath) the intermediate cushion.
In my early riding days newspaper was used to limit the chill and you could light a fire once you reached destination

Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM
McFrosty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing the chart. I know it has felt pretty damn cold riding into work at 65-75 mph with temps around 25 degrees or less. But I had no idea it was really that cold, that the wind chill factor would result in that low of a temp- really?
Seeing this chart though makes me feel better about it all. Here I was thinking old age and/or wimpification was creeping up on me (Ok, well maybe a little of both, but -9 or less seems really friggin cold for this AZ dude).
Saving my dinero for some heated gloves. I won't have them this year but for next year, I am putting an end to the frozen hand thing! Jacket, chaps & balaclava seem to be working just fine- it's just the dang hands getting frozen, no matter what type of "winter" riding glove I have tried.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Depends on the temperature. It will get shorter with the cold and longer with the heat.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:39 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Some things I don't want to know....I tend to get preoccupied over gauges etc. and it ruins the ride.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,593 Likes on 1,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Da-mack
Where does "colder than a witches tit" and "colder than a well digger's nut sack" rank on that chart? Somewhere to the far left I figure.
I think that the expression "colder than a witches tit" was made by some socially inhibited puritan in Salem, MA in the 1600s who actually had no personal experience with a witch.

I on the other hand did date a witch and she was much closer to the fires of hell and I was far more concerned about burning up than freezing. Her tit was hot enough to burn. No experience with the well digger.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Python357
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
awesome...

ok someone explain to me why the temps rise at speed if ambient is above 90 ish.

and what effect does humidity have on this?

Mike
I did not see a response to this so I will give it a shot. Anytime the air temp is greater than your body temp, any increase in air movement will warm you up rather than cool you.

Humidity comes into play when you look at the heat index and your ability to cool off, usually only noticeable if the dew point is at least 60 degrees. I would substitute the heat index for the ambient temp on hot humid days and calculate the windchill based on that (and then stay inside with the air on and have a cold beverage)....

Quick Reply: Wind Chill Factor Chart