Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

on my toes...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM
bowtiepwr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jennz
Im 5'1, 29 inseam...i lowered mine 2 inches front and back, reworked the seat, and also wear thick soled boots...I can flat foot!! There is another woman over on the ladies board that rides a SG and she is 4'11....dont let anyone tell you ya can't ride that bike! It may cost a pretty penny, but you can make it fit you. Trust me!
wheres the "Like" button??? lol

Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Jennz
Cruiser

lol....well thanks!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
texasrich27
Cruiser

I'm the same height (5'6") and I tried the reach seat but didn't like the look and it wasn't all that comfortable. Sent my seat to MCC and had them rework it and add some memory foam. Very comfortable, I'm now flat footed solo and it still looks like a Steet Glide seat. Good folks to work with (Mean City) in my opinion.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I'd go with the cheapest remedy first and go up. But the shocks and boots sound like the best way to me.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Deborah Scott
Intermediate
Default Thanks for that Jen

I am 5'2" and really want to trade my fatboy in for a street glide. Looking at options for lowering. Thinking I will try the fatbaggers narrow drop seat first.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM
AB Productions
Novice
Talking

I went with a Mustang seat which helped a lot due to it being narrower. I tried the HD reduced reach seat and it was terrible function wise, looks, and comfort!

The mustang seat with thick soled boots worked for me! I am a little on my tippie toes, but I only have both feet down when I back up. Other than that, I will only have one foot down and it's flat. What I do is just be smart about parking. If going into a parking space and the incline is going down, I back into it. If the incline is going up, I pull straight in.

My thought is that I don't want to lower it if I don't have to, due to decreased ground clearance, etc. Again JMHO.

By the way I'm 5'4" and 160 #. I've been riding the touring line for 6 years. I'm not too short or too small to ride a touring bike. I don't push it...I ride it, so one does not have to be big and strong to ride a touring bike. They just have to know how to "ride"!

Old 07-20-2013, 03:59 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bowtiepwr
Hello,
I have a 2013 H-D Street Glide and being short 5' 6" I'm on my toes while seated... Do you guys recommend going with the reduced reach seat, or the progressive lowering suspension?
I'd suggest do both

Old 07-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Hrd Rider
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Proaction14
Definately do the Progressive lowering kit, that will help a ton, taller boots as mentioned, and check out Mean City Cycles seat tweaks before you buy a new seat, much cheaper to try first. They have several options you can choose from if your on the shorter side or bigger side, some lower the rider up to 3".

**NEW** Super Narrow - $135

(Note: For stock Harley Davidson Touring bike seats 2011-2012)
We reshape the sitting area of the seat to lower the ride height as much as possible and change the foam to Memory foam in the driver's sitting area. We narrow the seat pan where your legs go down so that the seat doesn't keep your legs spread apart as much and this really helps get your feet on the ground a lot better. (With this modification we can lower the riding position or keep it stock height. We can move the riding position forward or back or maintain the current front to back sitting position.)

• Note: For stock Harley Davidson Touring bike seats 2011-2012
http://www.meancitycycles.com/index....ory&Itemid=226
I just had the Super Narrow, Memory Foam, and riding position moved back 1.0" by MCC. Seat done July 10th,back to me on July 12th, am pleased with the seat and the workmanship. Great people to work with.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:57 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,564 Likes on 671 Posts

I'm 5'6" 172 lbs. 52 yrs old. 2012 RKC.

Yup, I got the reduced reach seat, then sent it to MCC; 1.5" lower, and narrower. Also did SG shocks (12" vs. 13" on RK) and the Progressive Monotubes with 1" lowering. Total I'm 2.5+ inches closer to the ground and better spread when seated. I'm flat-footed and feel more confident on this big bike than I did on my Sporty or Dyna.

You will not regret any money you spend on these mods. Get yourself lowered and you'll enjoy the bike so much more. Good Luck!!

Old 07-20-2013, 06:10 PM
senzard
Tourer

IMHO... it's best to have both feet on the ground.

Quick Reply: on my toes...