Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint? Decals? Air-brush?? What to do.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:20 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Hate to bust your bubble, but if you wanna be accurate--"Orange Blossom Special" was written & first performed by Ervin Rouse.

BTW What kinda pipes are those? Never seen any like 'em.
Yeah, I know Cash wasn't the creator of OBS, but I don't think there is anything cooler than him playin' those 2 harmonicas at San Quentin in 1969 :-)

The Pipes are the much debated (on here) the CFR knock off's.

The summery of it, most people say they sound as good as the real deal, but the chrome quality is not there. They are new, so hard to tell how they will hold up just yet. Another common statement, is that they sound GREAT when they are new, but after 800-1000 miles the exhaust wrapping goes to crap, and they don't sound as good. I got 200 miles on them now, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Mine were $250 shipped to my door.

http://www.kcint2.com/c=fEfyr29DLy1I...1995-2012.html

The Real Deal is about $650ish......

For what it's worth, right now, they are about the deepest, bassy-est pipes I've ever heard, and up there in loudness.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigheadted
I would go with vinyl sticker. There are likely many shops around that can make you some, they are cheap and you can try different options. If you do not like it just peel it off, if you do like it then go see a painter.How much would it suck to have something painted on your bike only to decide it sucks and now you are stuck with it.? That is a really good looking bike too, I love that orange.
EXCELLENT POINTS!!!!! Hadn't thought of having multiple options, or the "what if I don't like it" factor! :-)

Thanks!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

A for your program, do black in a bigger scale & put the white over it. You could do it the same size & offset them diaganal to make it 3d.

Toby

Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by twistedcherokee
A for your program, do black in a bigger scale & put the white over it. You could do it the same size & offset them diaganal to make it 3d.

Toby

Cool Idea!!! Something kinda like this....

Attached Thumbnails Paint? Decals? Air-brush?? What to do.....-obs-3d.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by twistedcherokee

Toby

Thanks again Toby, Great idea.

I'm gonna take this pic to a decal shop, and see what they can work up. This "L" is hanging off the cliff, about to fall off haha but I'm sure they have better software than I'm playing with.

Then, if I don't like it. Off to a painter or air-brusher.

Attached Thumbnails Paint? Decals? Air-brush?? What to do.....-obs-3-d-curved.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Hessmonster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a decal. Had it made. I wanted to be sure I really liked it before I get it painted.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ericl
Is Mike still around? I went by his shop early this year and it was a ghosttown. If he's painting he's a good one, there's also Pygmy in LaMarque, and I heard Sonny Keaton is painting in Houston.

Had Pygmy do my Road King, very pleased, he's a meticulous, one man show. The paint is deep with a good wet look.

Why does it say Haywood Davidson and not Harley Davidson. Just curious.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.
Cool Idea!!! Something kinda like this....
yeah, except you'll want to make sure you spell it correctly

Old 12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure about Mike Milburn, haven't seen him in a coulpe of years. He usually has a both at the LSR in Galveston, but didn't see him this year. His dad Raymond, lives in Sugarland, Southwest of Houston. He still does pinstripeing by hand as for as I know. Let your fingers do the walking, or PM me for his #.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Bagger71
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the decal first. Then have it painted if you really dig it a few months later. Love the look of your RK! I had not seen one in the orange. Big fan of Johnny Cash as well.

Quick Reply: Paint? Decals? Air-brush?? What to do.....