Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Slip-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Larry64
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle Slip-Ons

Ok, I only want to go slip-ons, an air filter and a re-map. I'm looking to go SE and not go crazy loud. I know no one has the Street Cannons yet, but what about the Street Performance slip-ons and SE pipes in general? Any good, do they hold up, that kind of thing. I kinda want to keep the EPA stamp on things. Never know what state I might be in and don't need to have any trouble, i.e LEO's and dealers.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
dc1057
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's how I started out. SE Thunder Street slip-ons, Ventilator air cleaner and kept the cat header with a stage 1 download. Ran great but just like most everyone else, I wanted more! Added the Jackpot ceramic header, SE255 cams and a TTS tune by JD's Cycleworks. Bike is awsome. Good luck with your choices.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:45 PM
HD BUD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s.e. slip ons

i just bought a set off ebay looked around here someone has gone around the hd dealers a bought them all up. im goimg quieter had hooker tuneables wfo and between 40 yrs of riding n 30 in construction i have trnitis so hence s,e, pipes you can change mufflers if your handy with a die grinder cut two welds theres video on you tube shows ya how then go to feull sac performance they make baffels theres afew companies also full sac has 1.75" 2.00" 2.25" to choose fron there about $120.00 a set thats where i might be going depends when i get my muffs on the 3rd and run um to see how loud they are im also running true dualls good luck bud

Old 12-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Rhombus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running these now on my 2012. I like them, they're loud enough for me and I think they look good.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts

I don't know anything about the Street Performance slip-ons but I do know the SE tuneable nightstick and fatshoz are made by supertrapp and work well.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought my bike new and it had the SE street performance slip-ons SE intake and a HD stage 1 map downloaded already on the bike and it was quiet, running lean and hot. I ended up selling the slip-ons and getting a Fuel Moto head pipe, Jackpot 4" slip-on mufflers and the power Vision tuner which made it like a whole new and improved bike.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the 4" SE slip-on's on now and like them alot. I first has the piston looking end caps and the were a little load when you got on it. I also have the cats removed. I have sence put Andrew 54 cams with CNC ported heads and also put the 90dg turn-outs on the mufflers and they are perfect. A good rumble at cruising speeds and bark a little when you twist on it.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 AM
BCC1
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a 2012 Electra Limited. At 500 miles I put SE slip-ons, map and air filter on.

In my experience, it doesn't run lean and it doesn't run hot. It's a bit louder during acceleration, but not obnoxious. A little louder at highway speed. It has a higher redline, which I like. It feels like the motor makes more power.

I definitely wanted to wake things up a little bit without making much noise or voiding the warrantee. I'm happy with the quality of the SE slip-ons and feel its money well spent. I don't believe I'll be making any modifications to the motor.

My riding isn't stoplight to stoplight.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:26 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BCC1
I have a 2012 Electra Limited. At 500 miles I put SE slip-ons, map and air filter on.

In my experience, it doesn't run lean and it doesn't run hot. It's a bit louder during acceleration, but not obnoxious. A little louder at highway speed. It has a higher redline, which I like. It feels like the motor makes more power.

I definitely wanted to wake things up a little bit without making much noise or voiding the warrantee. I'm happy with the quality of the SE slip-ons and feel its money well spent. I don't believe I'll be making any modifications to the motor.

My riding isn't stoplight to stoplight.
Mines not either, but earllier this year I tried passing an 18 wheeler in a head wind and couldn't. The bike got to 87 mph and couldn't break thru the air dam the truck was pushing. With the added cams, the trucks aren't any problem anymore.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

If I had a dollar for every one that just wanted to start out with "slip ons" and then moved up to a full system I'd be able to buy another bike. With that said, the SuperTrapp is a great choice.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Slip-Ons