Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight trim

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:25 AM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
During the initial install of my visor HL trim I had the gap, but after dissecting through the parts & re-reading the "greek" instructions, I got it on w/no gap. Like others state; the "trick" is to get the OEM ring loose & wrap the visor ring behind it. Then tighten the OEM ring & cinch-up the outer visor...works every time (had mine on/off a few times). Cheers!
This is what I did, worked real well for me as well

Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 PM
FrankCaputo
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good, time to drop those stock orange signals in favor of some led's!!! Just sayin!
Thanks....yep, that's next...probably Custom Dynamics. What the hell, it's only money!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankCaputo
Thanks....yep, that's next...probably Custom Dynamics. What the hell, it's only money!
I hear that! I have my fairing torn apart as we speak just mocked up my new Khrome werks +2 sweepers now I just need to tighten everything back up and install my hidden antenna. Prob should order those LED turn signals since I got it all tore down!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by Iceman24
During the initial install of my visor HL trim I had the gap, but after dissecting through the parts & re-reading the "greek" instructions, I got it on w/no gap. Like others state; the "trick" is to get the OEM ring loose & wrap the visor ring behind it. Then tighten the OEM ring & cinch-up the outer visor...works every time (had mine on/off a few times). Cheers!
Granted no big deal. However, without truly measuring the gap it looks like I got about a quarter inch so it seems? None-the-less, thanks for the tip.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Biker John
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by Biker John
Granted no big deal. However, without truly measuring the gap it looks like I got about a quarter inch so it seems? None-the-less, thanks for the tip.
Update: It appears that the head light trim ring is a LARGER diameter than the visor is.

In my observation there's nothing I could do to close that 3/16 or 1/4" gap other than cutting the head light trim ring itself at the center screw hole. And I don't think that's a good idea.

Without the headlight trim ring and without adding a bunch of drilled screw holes with nuts & screws it will never latch around the headlight bucket. Its to small without the headlight trim ring. A lot of modifications seems like.

It appears that the mfg. of these and the stamping process is off but in some cases peeps are able to fit these?

I only address what I've found with the one I purchased. The head light trim ring is TOO Large to fit and if it does it's only at the top and barley on the sides. Without the headlight trim ring...it's to small and would require lots of modification to fit.

Again, "Granted no big deal" I can live with.