Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U.S. made parts , any left ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default U.S. made parts , any left ?

With all this talk about unions and parts made in China , Japan etc. I thought it would be a good idea to try and find a supplier that we could buy American made stuff . I know it will be hard but lets see if we could reward a U.S. company .

Old 02-03-2007, 09:40 PM
98rdking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U.S. made parts , any left ?

I'm game

Old 02-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

BAKER....REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE...R&R...S&S...ANDREWS...LOTS OF EM...LOTS

Old 02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior

I'm all in too!

Ride safe,

Old 02-03-2007, 09:59 PM
SubZer0
Road Master

I usually make my purchases based on price and quality, I don't give a damn who makes it. My only deviation from this is when I bought my Harley, over priced with horrible quality. Hell you darn near have to rebuild themafter you getthem just to make them run correctly, not to mention the cosmetic thing like tank badges not on strait or half falling off like on the RoadKing customs.
Don't take all of this the wrong way, I still love my Road Glide and would buy it again.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Here are a few , I know I buy all my leathers from Schott , very thick well made stuff , and made in U.S.A .and believe it or not they stock them at a harley dealer near me.
http://www.schottnyc.com/about.cfm

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/about/

http://wickedimage.com/

Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

So, have any of you Union boys ever bought anything not made in the good ole USA?

If you have, then get the hell off of my back!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

I would like to know what exactly YOU rebuilt to make it run right. I think the fit and finish is dam near perfect on mine.
ORIGINAL: SubZer0

I usually make my purchases based on price and quality, I don't give a damn who makes it. My only deviation from this is when I bought my Harley, over priced with horrible quality. Hell you darn near have to rebuild themafter you getthem just to make them run correctly, not to mention the cosmetic thing like tank badges not on strait or half falling off like on the RoadKing customs.
Don't take all of this the wrong way, I still love my Road Glide and would buy it again.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 PM
fairplay
Road Master

hey jimbo, get off it already.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
98rdking
Cruiser

Ya know, I used to go to Walmart, several years agothey had signs that said made in America and American made.A few months ago I quit shopping at the local Wal Mart because everything is either made in Mexico or China,not to mention they donate to the homosexual causes and oay thier employees $hit. I told my wife to stop shopping there as well. She did90% of our grocery shopping at a super Walmartclose to our house. It stopped. I'd pay higher prices to a mom and pop for American made products to cut out foreign made stuff. It takes all of us. To hell with outsourcing.

You can't buy a computer, call for tech support without get a damn idiot who can't speak a lick of english. I am sick of it.

There are a few of you who claim to love your harley but complain of fit and finish or say its over priced, it had the same fit and finish when you picked it up, next timedon't buy it!

I am a service advisor for a GM dealer, I do understand goodand bad service, Its bad when you pay premium price and get crap service from the dealer and in most cases feel helplessandjust find a different one farther away.

Like it buy it, don't, do not buy it. I look at price and quality also. I wantAmerican made only!
That is whatHD represents!

Quick Reply: U.S. made parts , any left ?