Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U.S. made parts , any left ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:26 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U.S. made parts , any left ?

ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

So, have any of you Union boys ever bought anything not made in the good ole USA?

If you have, then get the hell off of my back!
I here WallyWorld gonna start selling Harleys

Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see, first off the engine had to be completely torn down because it leaked at the engine case split, seat rubbed the clear coat and paint right off my saddle bag lids, brakes squealed (replaced brake pads with aftermarket), valve seals replace ( used damn near a quart of oil every time you started it). My dads 06Road King custom had to have the forward mount replaced with less than 200 miles on it, the tank badges stick out on the forward side and were uneven from left to right side, the injectors needed to be replaced to make it run correctly and on and on it goes. I'm sure I forgot a few things but I sure you get the point.
And now they want a raise, I could get a trained monkey that would do a better job and only throw them a banana once in a while.

ORIGINAL: hd2007

I would like to know what exactly YOU rebuilt to make it run right. I think the fit and finish is dam near perfect on mine.
ORIGINAL: SubZer0

I usually make my purchases based on price and quality, I don't give a damn who makes it. My only deviation from this is when I bought my Harley, over priced with horrible quality. Hell you darn near have to rebuild themafter you getthem just to make them run correctly, not to mention the cosmetic thing like tank badges not on strait or half falling off like on the RoadKing customs.
Don't take all of this the wrong way, I still love my Road Glide and would buy it again.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 PM
fairplay
Road Master

for superior leather goods, I mean great stuff all custom made, Kelleys sets the standard in this area. not much of a web site
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=kel...s&ei=UTF-8

This place is about 10 miles west of alligator bob's
as seen on all them bike shows

Old 02-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

ORIGINAL: 98rdking

I am a service advisor for a GM dealer, I do understand goodand bad service, Its bad when you pay premium price and get crap service from the dealer and in most cases feel helplessandjust find a different one farther away.
Would that be the GM that sells cars assembled in the US with Canadian and Mexican parts?

It's getting really difficult to buy American products nowdays with the global economy. I try, driveway contains 2 Chevy's 1 Jeep and 2 Harley's, but it's not easy to find American products, ane even if you do, their parts were made somewhere else.

Teu

Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 AM
98rdking
Cruiser

Subzer0, sorry to hear of all your problems. If you are having that many problems in most cases they will extend your warranty, atleast GM will. I would be frustrated as well. IT is ultimately harleys problem but is it outsourced parts or american?

As far as vehicle go, I have a Ford, Dodge and two harleys in the driveway. I quit driving GM two years ago. They are assembled in mexico or canada and most parts are outsourced. It pays the bills. I refuse to drive toyota, nissan or honda. Built here in theUS but all the profit goes back to japan.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 AM
jimbo21165
Banned

Lets see, first off the engine had to be completely torn down because it leaked at the engine case split, seat rubbed the clear coat and paint right off my saddle bag lids, brakes squealed (replaced brake pads with aftermarket), valve seals replace ( used damn near a quart of oil every time you started it). My dads 06Road King custom had to have the forward mount replaced with less than 200 miles on it, the tank badges stick out on the forward side and were uneven from left to right side, the injectors needed to be replaced to make it run correctly and on and on it goes. I'm sure I forgot a few things but I sure you get the point.
And now they want a raise, I could get a trained monkey that would do a better job and only throw them a banana once in a while.

ORIGINAL: hd2007

I would like to know what exactly YOU rebuilt to make it run right. I think the fit and finish is dam near perfect on mine.

I usually make my purchases based on price and quality, I don't give a damn who makes it. My only deviation from this is when I bought my Harley, over priced with horrible quality. Hell you darn near have to rebuild themafter you getthem just to make them run correctly, not to mention the cosmetic thing like tank badges not on strait or half falling off like on the RoadKing customs.
Don't take all of this the wrong way, I still love my Road Glide and would buy it again.
HD2007, you wanna rebut any of this?