Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Machine = Sketchy quality???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of those same grips for about a season and a half and have not been very happy with them. The chrome on the end of the grip is pitting and looks pretty awful. The rubber on the grip looks brand new so they are far from abused or worn out at this point. I more than likely will be buying grips elsewhere going forward.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
ITOLDU
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

That truly sucks, I was hoping you just got a bad set on the initial purchase but to get a second set of jacked grips on the do over totally totally sucks!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
AZCFH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my old 07 roadglide the left grip had set screws that needed to be tightened..is there a set screw on the throttle side? with the fly by wire style? or does it go into the housing to be held on..was thinking of getting some for my 2013..not sure now,i liked my other set alot

Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCFH
on my old 07 roadglide the left grip had set screws that needed to be tightened..is there a set screw on the throttle side? with the fly by wire style? or does it go into the housing to be held on..was thinking of getting some for my 2013..not sure now,i liked my other set alot

Throttle side on the FBW goes into the switch housing. No set screws.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Gonna try one more set. The two previous sets came from Drag Specialties when ordered from my dealer. Parts manager is gonna get a replacement directly from PM. Hopefully it was just a bad batch that went to DS.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
dieselcrank
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of there grips on my Softail and ordered a set of Avons for my Glide, Avons are $38 less and they should be,not the same. I ordered a set of PM to replace Avons.

I spent over $1,000 for PM Contour hand controls for my Softail, first none of the chrome matches,the master cylinder looks brown.THere is a lot of parts do do this and I was not happy,PM would not answer my e-mails or return my calls and the place I bought them from would not help.
The brake light switch $54 shorted out and PM said I must have crimped the wires,told me they would sell me the new kit,really.
I use there switches on this bike and at Myrtle this fall the kill switch shorted out from moisture I guess, I had to pay a garage to use there tools to get a temp solution,you better keep WD-40 in there micro switches to keep water out.
I waited years to afford these controls,bummer.