Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock radio + high grade speakers = ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This will sound good. $446
Amp $269
Amazon Amazon

Adapter rings $50
Amazon Amazon

Speakers $127
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_5bdsnplfpy_b

Old 12-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Dragonfly2000
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please note the amp you are looking at is the 2.5 year discontinued item and I have attached ARC's position on the company your buying the amp from blow in red. I hate seeing people buy stuff that may come with no warranty, and probably been sitting on a shelf for 3 or more years to save only a couple bucks.

WOOFERS ETC IS NOT AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF ARC AUDIO OR WWW.ARCAUDIO.COM. ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THIS COMPANY ARRE NOT COVERED BY ANY KIND OF ARCAUDIO WARRANTY AND ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE GENUINE ARC AUDIO PRODUCTS.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FROM THEM YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

On the rings, the ones you are looking at we copied buy ARC off of ours. let me know as I can get you ours for 40.00 per set minus the 10% discount for forum members, brings you to $36.00. OR we have a few sets left of the Focal CA1 6.5's with adapters for $100.00 complete.

We could do a NEW ARC 125.2 Mini $350.00 -10%= $315.00 (Includes line level converter, power harness, Fuse and holder and RCA cables)
Focal 6.5 CA1 With adapters $100.00, (Includes hardware)
total 415.00 plus shipping.

Last edited by Dragonfly2000; 12-21-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just came across this thread and now you have me wondering....

What is the difference between the older ARC amp and the newer one?

I am about to re install the ARC amp, that I would believe is the older version, (got it from Firecap awhile back) with the Focal 6.5 CA1's

Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by marvincbr

I am about to re install the ARC amp, that I would believe is the older version, (got it from Firecap awhile back) with the Focal 6.5 CA1's
whats the model of the amp you have now?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragonfly2000
WOOFERS ETC IS NOT AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF ARC AUDIO OR WWW.ARCAUDIO.COM. ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM THIS COMPANY ARRE NOT COVERED BY ANY KIND OF ARCAUDIO WARRANTY AND ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE GENUINE ARC AUDIO PRODUCTS.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS FROM THEM YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
yeah those guys have been peeing on y'alls parade for a while now.. How come you can't make them stop selling the product? Were they once an authorized dealer for ARC?

I agree with DF. If you're gonna pay $270 for something from an unauthorized seller, why not save yourself the troubles and just purchase from them (DF). The line level converter alone will set you back $25 - $40 depending on where you get it and then another $10 or so for decent RCA cables. Not worth it IMO to save a few $. In addition the PA speakers listed above are not what you want to spend your $ on. If you buy anything Polk, get the MM651 model.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Dragonfly2000
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marvincbr

The current model Arc Amp is the 125.2 BX2, only two differences between new and old. The new version has a fan built in and an option called BX2, Bass Generator. However in my opinion the BX2 option over creates the bass and causes distortion at the higher volumes, (which is where us bike guys keep the thing most of the time.)
So if you have an older one and running it in 4 ohm, don't worry about upgrading as the one you have is fine.

As far as Woofers ETC, I don't really know how they get the ARC product that is not covered by a warranty. I believe its either returned, refurbished, and or just discontinued. But there must be a reason ARC doesn't want anything to do with it, yet allows them to have it.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I'd wait and save enough cash to do it right the first time. iPod and ear plugs will get you through till then if need be. Why mix random, incompatable parts together, or spend money on temp fixes if a few months of saving will do it right?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 PM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

OP here - you guys have provided a bunch of great info to digest - thanks. The only reason I would be interested in keeping the old radio is to use the intercom. OL and I have old school wired headsets we use on trips to talk and listen to tunes at our own levels. If I swap out the existing head unit I will then have to go to Scala riders and then $$$, and then $$$ and then $$$ and then............

Old 12-22-2012, 08:26 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
whats the model of the amp you have now?

KS125.2 mini.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dragonfly2000
The current model Arc Amp is the 125.2 BX2, only two differences between new and old. The new version has a fan built in and an option called BX2, Bass Generator. However in my opinion the BX2 option over creates the bass and causes distortion at the higher volumes, (which is where us bike guys keep the thing most of the time.)
So if you have an older one and running it in 4 ohm, don't worry about upgrading as the one you have is fine.

As far as Woofers ETC, I don't really know how they get the ARC product that is not covered by a warranty. I believe its either returned, refurbished, and or just discontinued. But there must be a reason ARC doesn't want anything to do with it, yet allows them to have it.
Running in 4 ohm, bridged as it says on the amp, is not something I have done with this amp. When Firecap told me how to set it up in the beginning, it was the 2 ohm set up, pos and neg to the left and pos and neg to the right. For 4 ohm, is it a pos from one side and a neg from the other side to each speaker?

Sorry if I'm hijacking, but kinda along the lines of stock radio and better speakers with amp.....

Quick Reply: Stock radio + high grade speakers = ?