Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Load Equalizer with HD run/turn/brake module

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts
Default Biketronics Load Equalizer with HD run/turn/brake module

Anyone have this setup? Curious to know how its working...

Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Not familiar with the HD r/t/b module. Is it just a plug n play??? If so it should not be an issue. Just make sure you run it in the sequence that Biketronics suggests. The smart equalizer first, closest to the turn signal module. Then the r/t/b module next exiting to the rear fender connection.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 AM
ITOLDU
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had the setup for about 2 months and NO issues as of this time. I would not be afraid to do business with Biketronics, any company with a LIFETIME warranty on there products can always get my money. Plus I have bought other products from them prior to the module.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ITOLDU
I have had the setup for about 2 months and NO issues as of this time. I would not be afraid to do business with Biketronics, any company with a LIFETIME warranty on there products can always get my money. Plus I have bought other products from them prior to the module.

Ditto to this. Been running Biketronics products for many years. On the rare occasion I did have a warranty issue it was handled and replaced with zero fuss. They build and sell bike electronics and that is all they do. And do it well. Top notch company. Top notch products.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Great, thanks. I ordered it, im just having a bit of trouble understanding how it fits, but im sure it will be obvious when i get it.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 AM
alhall88
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if they changed much but I burnt out 3 biketronics load equalizers with that setup on my old 2003 FLHT. I had a cycle visions taillight as well. I finally removed the harley turn brake controller then never had an issue again. Maybe it was just the combo I had.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Great, thanks. I ordered it, im just having a bit of trouble understanding how it fits, but im sure it will be obvious when i get it.

If the HD r/t/b module plugs inline where your the signal harness is, then the Smart Equalizer will go first.

Smart Equalizer plugs into the signal harness closest to the turn signal module at one end then r/t/b module at the other. The other end of the r/t/b module plugs into the harness connection at the fender.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garemlin
If the HD r/t/b module plugs inline where your the signal harness is, then the Smart Equalizer will go first.

Smart Equalizer plugs into the signal harness closest to the turn signal module at one end then r/t/b module at the other. The other end of the r/t/b module plugs into the harness connection at the fender.
So - would I unplug the r/t/b module, plug in the BT module, then plug the r/t/b module into the BT module?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keithhu
So - would I unplug the r/t/b module, plug in the BT module, then plug the r/t/b module into the BT module?
This is as if you were starting from scratch. This is all based on if the HD module is just a plug n play module. As I said I am not familiar with it as I use Biketronics Tailbones r/t/b.

Unplug signal harness

Plug in the smart equalizer to the plug not coming out of the fender
Plug the r/t/b module into the open end of the smart equalizer
Plug the other end of the r/t/b module into the plug coming out of the fender

You are gonna need to fiddle with getting the wires to lay correctly. It is gonna take some creative routing and tucking.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garemlin
This is as if you were starting from scratch. This is all based on if the HD module is just a plug n play module. As I said I am not familiar with it as I use Biketronics Tailbones r/t/b.

Unplug signal harness

Plug in the smart equalizer to the plug not coming out of the fender
Plug the r/t/b module into the open end of the smart equalizer
Plug the other end of the r/t/b module into the plug coming out of the fender

You are gonna need to fiddle with getting the wires to lay correctly. It is gonna take some creative routing and tucking.
OK, thanks, I think I get it, but I'm sure it will become apparent once I get it.

Quick Reply: Biketronics Load Equalizer with HD run/turn/brake module