Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Load Equalizer with HD run/turn/brake module

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the Radiantz plug in rear lights. They did not require an equalizer. Just took out the standard lights and push and twist in the LED's. Easy Peasy.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
I have the Radiantz plug in rear lights. They did not require an equalizer. Just took out the standard lights and push and twist in the LED's. Easy Peasy.
Interesting. I had the Radiantz plate on 2 bikes without an equalizer, but I've always assumed that once you add some bigger lights, you'll need an equalizer.

I'm putting front and rear turn sig LED's on, I think I need an equalizer.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Biketronics run/turn module in my 2007 Road Glide.

Went in easily, works as advertised, no problems at all.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Interesting. I had the Radiantz plate on 2 bikes without an equalizer, but I've always assumed that once you add some bigger lights, you'll need an equalizer.

I'm putting front and rear turn sig LED's on, I think I need an equalizer.

It has nothing to do with "bigger". With signals you will need a load equalizer to compensate for the lower voltage draw. Sometimes you can get away with not using one if you only run one set of LED signals. I ran rears one time without a load equalizer. But as soon as I added the fronts I got the hyperflash. Load equalizer added.

Here is something I wrote for another thread that may help clear things up.

LED lights draw significantly less current than an standard bulb. The way standard turn signals work is if one of your bulbs is burned out the turn signal flasher senses the decrease in current draw and causes what we call hyper flash. You have seen cars on the road with a turn signal flashing faster than normal. That is hyper flash. Running LEDs will cause the same thing because of the lower current draw. Now I have run LEDs on just the rear and all was fine because the current draw was not low enough to cause this. Running LEDs in all four corners will cause hyper flash. This is when you need a load equalizer. Basically a load equalizer compensates for the low power draw of LEDs

Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 AM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,872 Likes on 9,333 Posts

I think ya can't run two equalizers in series. I had the H-D B/T/R module on my 06RG then I installed the FBI fat tire kit which included a new rear fender with installed LED turn/brake/run lights. I plugged that directly into the output of the H-D B/T/R module. When I was out test riding the bike, the battery died and I barely made it home before it was completely dead. I put the charger on the battery and it came back but it died again on the next test ride. I began checking things out and found the ballast of the H-D module was to hot to touch. I removed the module from the setup and all has been fine since then.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 570 Likes on 397 Posts

Kuryakyn makes a run/brake /turn controller that flashes your rear lights 3 times,then stays steady. you can plug an equalizer directly to it. 5492 or 5493.