Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Vests

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:51 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Leather Vests

I had a .357 Ruger six shot revolver at one time, had many a spent case with that baby. Too big and heavy. I'm thinking a 9 is small, cheap to shoot and hopefully effective enough for the one time (I hope) I have to use it. Am I thinking wrong?

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:29 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

I had a .357 Ruger six shot revolver at one time, had many a spent case with that baby. Too big and heavy. I'm thinking a 9 is small, cheap to shoot and hopefully effective enough for the one time (I hope) I have to use it. Am I thinking wrong?
I don't think that you are thinking wrong, but I just feel like if you are gonna be carrying, why not carry a little more effective round? You can get a compact .357 Sig, .40, or .45 and be a little better armed, IMO.

Old 02-08-2007 | 08:15 PM
xmtrsrg
Road Captain

The carrying of a weapon isn't for power, it's for the protection of me and my family. After 26 yrs. I retired and carry it more than I did when I first joined. This is not the same world we are all use to living in. Like American Express, "I never leave home without it". Let's hope that those of you that believe we should't carry a gun, are standing next to you and you family when you really need one. At least this country recognized this when they passed HR 218, which allows active and retired LEO to carry anywhere in the USA.

You still active LEO, may Saint Michael watch over you till retirement. Stay safe and ride!

Old 02-08-2007 | 09:14 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

I don't think that you are thinking wrong, but I just feel like if you are gonna be carrying, why not carry a little more effective round? You can get a compact .357 Sig, .40, or .45 and be a little better armed, IMO.
Point taken. Although I do not think I can pick up a .357 for $300 though, and thats a strong thing to consider as well.

Old 11-23-2008 | 08:41 AM
twobanger
Advanced

what's a Rickie?

If you can carry legally, you carry legally.
There are jerks who carry and jerks who don't or cant.
There are jerks who ride and jerks who don't or cant.
Live and let live.

Old 11-23-2008 | 09:54 AM
SeniorCitizen
6th Gear

The wife and I were riding north out of Fort Lauderdale Fl. some years ago when a car with 6 males which appeared to be gang members tried to run use off the road and stop us. On their second attempt I pulled out my handgun and aimed at them. Didn't have to fire from a moving motorcycle but was prepared to if necessary. Being a cop for 30 years, I'll never say never.

Old 11-23-2008 | 10:06 AM
sldavis
Road Captain

I bought mine a Long Rider Leather in London,Ky. It is a First manufacturing 12 ( or14, I forget) pocket vest with laces on the side. It has a pistol pockets on both sides to accomidate left or right handed people. Lots of other pockets of all sizes, rwo with zippers on the inside, for carrying other goodies. Nice quality leather, and it was like $75.00

Old 11-23-2008 | 10:07 AM
Cakalac
Tourer

Just get this exhaust. I think it's V&H Gatlin

Old 11-23-2008 | 10:10 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I didn't want to start a new thread just for this, nor do I want to hijack his thread either but,

Does anyone know where to buy a Black Denim Jacket that I can then convert into a vest? (Not for weapon concealment).

Old 11-23-2008 | 10:12 AM
Cakalac
Tourer

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
I didn't want to start a new thread just for this, nor do I want to hijack his thread either but,

Does anyone know where to buy a Black Denim Jacket that I can then convert into a vest? (Not for weapon concealment).

just google "buying black denim jacket"

Quick Reply: Leather Vests