Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Vests

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 09:54 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Leather Vests

I have a nice Parkbrand American made leather vest that I bought from a guy at a swapmeet. The reason I bought it was because he was telling me how he sold so many to Blue Knights for concealed carry due to hit having large side pockets inside that are canted to at an angle just for gun carry. I wore it once. Leather vests just ain't my thing. I paid85 bucks for it. It it an 46. It is your's for50 bucks and I'll pay to ship.

This is the vest.....
http://parkvleather.com/inc/sdetail/887

Old 02-07-2007 | 05:48 AM
Icepickvic
Cruiser

With respect to all,
Up here, we can only carry to and from the shooting club. I'm not an LEO, just an average Joe, but I ride with a 3 piece Patch. Ilegally own handguns and rifles, and used to carry my .303 many many years ago when visiting theU.S. in the van w/ small kids, as not being particularly well off, we camped much, and stayed in reststops overnite on drives to Fla. If I could legally pack, I would do so for the protection of myself and my assets, and for others if required until LEO's could take over. I do have undergarment sidearm rigs for my mini-glocks, but there would have to be serious intent for me to use them. Border security being what it is, and local laws being what they are, I'm now stuck with a 6" cold steel tanto, a telescoping baton,and'dog' repellant, and whatever else my brain suggests... but vigilance and awareness, or streetsmarts as we call it is the primary tool for conflict avoidance.I don't look for trouble, but as I was bullied as a child, and saw the same done to others, and from the shame and anguish I felt from my inaction and cowardice, Ilater effected through training and real life practice, the necessary changes in attitude, skills to confidently address threats effectively, with or without weapons, that turned me into a good natured pitbull, (no explanation required I hope). I could never allow a recurrence of those feelings or a recurrence of those actions on my loved ones, or others in my company without prompt intelligent address, irrespective of cost. Unfortunately, in an armed individualmass shooting scenario, my skills would be useless, without a firearm.
Cache...I would definitely not ride..or for that matter drinkwith you anywhere, because Ifeel from your discourse that if we everstopped for gason a trip or were at a bar, or a park with our families and got jumped, you would run away and leave me to die.No disrespect intended to you, Cache, it's just sheepish behavioural reactionsin situations I've experiencedcommon toindividuals with similiar attitudes. So don't knock those that have lived it or continue to do so, they are the only line of defence for you to hide behind.I truly hope you will not have to experience a similiar situation of danger and loss, and have aregret you can't take back.
As regards those LEO's and others carrying while riding. Can you shoot with the off throttle hand while riding? I learned to shoot accurately lefthanded, and can also draw and fire while riding. The pocket is located on theoutside thigh of my left (insulated) leather pant leg, similiar to combat pants, except leather. I can access while seated,and when I'm standing, my hand rests right on the grip, like the old western style gunfighter rigs. I can switch to the right pocket if need be. It draws real quick, "whileI'm reaching formy wallet". Natch that's a moot point, cuz I don't ride packed.

Old 02-07-2007 | 11:19 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior

gee..that's what i forgot when i pickup my vest is where to put a handgun? good thing though riding the roads in jersey be alot more shootings! lol

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:27 AM
THEBIGPUNN
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Cache

Leave the weapon at home! You think your John Wayne?

Does your agency require that you carry @ all times? Or you just like the power?

If I have to carry when I ride, I no longer need to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the ride, one less thing you have to worry about!

Now I wonder how many other Rickies carry when they ride....maybe I should start just in case I run across you dummies!

[]
been in le for almost 10 years, never thought i'd see the day where people thought officers shouldnt carry off duty.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:10 AM
ritorres
Intermediate

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they shouldn't insult others. The use of the term dummies was very inappropriate.
Whether an LEO's agency requires them to carry all the time is irrelevant. Carrying while off-duty allows the LEO to be a force multiplierfor the LE agency in the community in which the individual is present or transiting.
Carrying a weapon while off duty is not a question of power if you can imagineall of the factors involved in the legal use force.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:56 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow, quite relevent to what has been crossing my mind lately. Am in the motions of purchasing a s&w 9 which will serve doubly as protection at home but also while biking cross country. My neighbor is getting me info on one he got , new, for $300. Steel, 11 shot. Just spoke to him last night. Looking to obtain a ccw as well. lots of paperwork it appears.

Old 02-08-2007 | 09:20 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

Wow, quite relevent to what has been crossing my mind lately. Am in the motions of purchasing a s&w 9 which will serve doubly as protection at home but also while biking cross country. My neighbor is getting me info on one he got , new, for $300. Steel, 11 shot. Just spoke to him last night. Looking to obtain a ccw as well. lots of paperwork it appears.
I salute you for choosing to protect yourself, but I wish you'd consider maybe getting a little larger caliber. While a 9mm is a good round and definitely can do the job, it isn't a great round and their are better ones for the job. Survery LEO's, I'd be surprised if you could find an agency using 9's anymore. There is a reason.......They are slightly underpowered.

I'm sure there will be some expert that will come along and tell you that a 9mm is a great man stopper and that ton's of people have been killed using a .22. Both are true or at least somewhat true. Lots of people have been killed by tetanus also, that doesn't mean that I want to go around armed with a rusty nail.

Old 02-08-2007 | 11:12 AM
fairplay
Road Master

true 9mm is a sm. load and fast too. also too fast for its size. I like 38spc. I'm a bug guy and never had any trouble. besides who wants to lug around dessert eagle. try looking up "thunder five revolver" that'll stop em and won't wipe out who ever is behind the perp.

hey loes not like your gonna listen to these guys but keep carryn'

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:46 PM
BaggerSam
|
Cruiser

I don't carry my off-duty so that I can shoot while riding. I am not trained to shoot while operating a motorcycle,I wouldn't attempt to shoot while operating my bike. I don't think you will find a LEO that will shoot from a moving bike. If I were to do that and strike someone else, I would be sitting in a jail cell. I would like to explain something to the non-LEO. First when a LEOremoves his weapon from a holster, he/shehas to be prepared to stop a threat by using deadly force. Once he/she has made that decision, that officer hasput himself onthe line, his livelihood, his family, and bystanders in jeopardy. Second, once the officer has discharged his weapon he/she goes through an investigation.The police department investigates the officer, the media investigatesthe officer via the television, radio, and newspaper. The police departments findings are then presented to a prosecutor in that jurisdiction. That prosecutor then presents it to a Grand Jury. These jurors aren't made up of other police officers, or expert witnesses. The jurors are made up of other citizens. The same citizens who read the newspaper, watch television, and listen to the radio. Some bring those views and the views I've read on this forum to the jury room. So I find it hard to believe that a LEO would fire his weapon from a moving motorcycle if he hadn't been trained to do so. We must remember that LEO's aren't cowboys or girls that ride around looking for gun fights to get involved in.

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:55 PM
fairplay
Road Master

I can only hope that icepicvic is kidding. If you are in a situation that calls for shooting while riding, then concentrate a lil' more on riding because you dont need to be shooting. And further more, there is a fair chance you put yourself in that position in the first place. rem 9 out of 10 are avoidable.

Quick Reply: Leather Vests