Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I did it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:33 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Now I did it!

We have been putting close to 30K a year on the limited as it was.

Today, the wife and I rode for about 250 miles with our new heated jacket liners and gloves. I have never enjoyed a December ride more than I did the one today.

I'm thinking that now the winter months may be the "prime" riding time. Summertime is really too hot most of the afternoons. We normally get up at about 6AM and take a couple hundred mile trip to breakfast and back on the weekends.

With the heated gear, I'm thinking we should be good for plenty of all day rides, all winter long.

Sheesh, it won't take very long at this rate to rack up a hundred K miles. The only thing I hate worse than putting a ton of miles on the Limited is not riding it.

I'm very conflicted.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:35 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The bike was made to ride, don't worry about the miles as long as the maitenance is good.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:37 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

??? with heated gear does that cancel the hot showers together with the Mrs after the road trip??? lol, j/k,........ enjoy the new hottie ; )

Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 PM
av ultra
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Winter is my favorite time to ride, no bugs, harleys love cold air, just gotta be careful until you get a little heat in the tires, and heated gear of course.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took the bike for a little ride today .
6:30 AM temperature 28* at departure
12:00 PM temperature 39* lunchtime
3:30 PM temperature 33* arrive home
Had an incredible ride , one of the year's best . Love the way the bike runs and sounds in the cold .Also get a kick when people stare at you , like your crazy . Ha Ha . But today could be the end of my season , weather supposed to take a turn for the worse . 26*outside now .

Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rkoivisto
We have been putting close to 30K a year on the limited as it was.

Today, the wife and I rode for about 250 miles with our new heated jacket liners and gloves. I have never enjoyed a December ride more than I did the one today.

I'm thinking that now the winter months may be the "prime" riding time. Summertime is really too hot most of the afternoons. We normally get up at about 6AM and take a couple hundred mile trip to breakfast and back on the weekends.

With the heated gear, I'm thinking we should be good for plenty of all day rides, all winter long.

Sheesh, it won't take very long at this rate to rack up a hundred K miles. The only thing I hate worse than putting a ton of miles on the Limited is not riding it.

I'm very conflicted.

What brand of heated gear did you get?

Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 PM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the others.....you bought, you love it, so RIDE it. You seem like the kind of guy that will keep up on the maintenance, so your bike will last for a very long time. Enjoy!!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:36 PM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am somewhat of a Fair Weather rider but I still average 1000 miles a month and never get too far from home (medical issues).. Last year I put 12000 miles on two wheels and only 7000 miles on the car.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
What brand of heated gear did you get?
I'd like to hear a plug on the brand as well.

I love my heated gloves and they really extended my riding time A LOT! The liner for me would be more to not have to run wires through my sleeves anymore. Although I guess it would be nice to ride with nothing under my jacket/liner but a t-shirt.

Keep on racking up the miles my friend!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

Toss that heated stuff, chaps, leathers,gloves, etc & move to Florida.

80 degrees tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Now I did it!