Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made some decisions...107" here I come!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 AM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hammr_hed
Well...I went off the deep end and added some things to the list of upgrades while it was being torn down.

SE Cam Plate/Oil Pump
Painted Inner Fairing (seeing it'd be a few weeks waiting on the heads)
12" Chrome Yaffe Monkey Bars/steel braided lines (seeing the fairing was already off)
Color Matched Lower Fairing Speaker pods (seeing the paint was already mixed)
New F/R Metzler ME880's (seeing the front had 16,500 on it and the rear was at 7,000)

I'm not sure I'll recognize her when she comes home! So much for going easy...can't wait to get her back in a week or two!

I'll post pics as I take them...have a few I'll post in a few.
What's the final bill with all the 107 work?

Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 AM
hammr_hed
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No case boring for the 107 kit. From what I could see, the walls were not thicker than stock but the casing around it is. If you watch the video here, he talks more about the jugs.

They had to shave a little for the 585 Easy Start Cams tho...but just slightly due to the lift.

No Crank work either...everything looked great inside!

Here's a few pics. Jug on the white rag is Rev Perf and the one not on rag is stock...to me the stock looked a lot thicker, but it has to be...bigger pistons have to fit.

Attached Thumbnails Made some decisions...107" here I come!-img_0728-1.jpg   Made some decisions...107" here I come!-img_0729-1.jpg   Made some decisions...107" here I come!-img_0730-2.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jfarrar30
Do the cased need bored for the. Rev cylinders since they are thicker?
Not trying to hijack the thread, but no, the rev performance jugs will fit just fine and you won't be able to tell them apart. OP I the rev performance 107 kit also, I did mine last year this time and have been very happy. I went with the S&S 570 even though I could've gone more agressive with the heads I have. Be sure to follow directions on heat cycling the cylinders and you should be ok.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats in advance.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM
hammr_hed
Tourer

Originally Posted by harley_badboy
What's the final bill with all the 107 work?

$3k-ish give or take a few...

Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
NECaveman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been on the fence for months with the FM or Rev 107 kits. Barring the price and kit contents, the Rev kit plus is the pistons fit the cylinders without boring. I have not found many Rev 107 kit dyno sheets. I see the Rev website now has them.

I am looking for more low-mid range torque. My plan is a 107" kit, Woods 222 cam, ceramic coated header pipe for performance and heat control, and new set of mufflers.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

$3k-ish give or take a few...
Is this with you doing the work or an Indy?

I will be doing a 107 build, but am still in the research stage.

My only defenites are 10.5:1 compression, headwork and, since I already have the V&H Power Dual headpipe and the SEPST (both installed by the prevous owner), they will become part of the build. I wish I could go TTS and equal length headers, but sadly, I am on a budget.

I have talked to a few builders and others in the industry and have yet to decide on a kit or have the cylinders bored and fitted and have the Indy choose the headwork based on their experience. I have a few recommendations already.

My goal is a low-mid range torque motor ... I would like to see 100+ ft-lbs early (2,500 or less) and max close to or at 120 ft-lbs under 4,500. Some decent hp would be nice, but I am mostly concerned with torque where I need it for two-up twisty, mountain riding.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM
hammr_hed
Tourer

Chopper Zoo together with Custom Bikes (same shop) is doing the work. I thought about it, and am mechinically inclined with 95% of the tools, but I wanted guys with experience for my first go round. I've known Eric (owner of Chopper Zoo) for years now...bought my old springer from him back in 2007. He's a great guy with a great shop and definitely takes care of a lot for me. Jack, the custom builder, although I've only met him a few times is almost a twin of my uncle, and knows his ****...I'm involved when I can be in the build because I'm more than curious about it.

As far as the decision to go with RevPerf rather than FM...honestly, I was sold on the fact that RevPerf makes the jugs, they don't bore out stock. It's all one material where Stock is not. The thickness in the jug walls compared to stock is unmatched and overall, I just felt it was the better choice for me. I am impressed with FM's kit and all the results they post...but I'm in South Florida and if I went with FM, I would have had no choice but to ride all the way up there to let the pro's do the work. Here...these guys know and love the RevPerf stuff...and all the other components we decided to go with. I will say it wasn't an easy choice, but I did quite a bit of research.

Good luck with your decisions...I'm pumped to get back on her...the weather here is stellar. Too bad I work 6-12's until April.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Chopper Zoo together with Custom Bikes (same shop) is doing the work. I thought about it, and am mechinically inclined with 95% of the tools, but I wanted guys with experience for my first go round. I've known Eric (owner of Chopper Zoo) for years now...bought my old springer from him back in 2007. He's a great guy with a great shop and definitely takes care of a lot for me. Jack, the custom builder, although I've only met him a few times is almost a twin of my uncle, and knows his ****...I'm involved when I can be in the build because I'm more than curious about it.

As far as the decision to go with RevPerf rather than FM...honestly, I was sold on the fact that RevPerf makes the jugs, they don't bore out stock. It's all one material where Stock is not. The thickness in the jug walls compared to stock is unmatched and overall, I just felt it was the better choice for me. I am impressed with FM's kit and all the results they post...but I'm in South Florida and if I went with FM, I would have had no choice but to ride all the way up there to let the pro's do the work. Here...these guys know and love the RevPerf stuff...and all the other components we decided to go with. I will say it wasn't an easy choice, but I did quite a bit of research.

Good luck with your decisions...I'm pumped to get back on her...the weather here is stellar. Too bad I work 6-12's until April.
Very cool ... it sounds like you are comfortable with your shop and the price is very good. I, like you you, don't have the option of riding or hauling up to FM for their magic that I have been reading about, so I am going local, but have not fully decided on the direction. There are a few well known shops around Atlanta with kits (both boring the stock cylinders), but they are very, very expensive. It is not easy to find an Indy with the shop and tuning capabilities under the same roof that is reasonably local and priced right.

Good luck in return and am looking forward to seeing how your build performs.

By the way, surely the "$3k-ish" didn't include the painted inner, Yaffe's/steel braided lines, pods and F/R Metzler's ... did it?

Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
hammr_hed
Tourer

nono...the question was how much the 107 build was...the bars and paint and sound are all in addition to that. Looking forward to sharing as the days go on...looking at 3 weeks before I'll get her back...should be plenty of posts between.

Quick Reply: Made some decisions...107" here I come!