Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAGGER

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007 | 02:46 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: BAGGER

Sounds like you need to get yourself a junk set of saddlebags and start cutting. Make yourself a nice little prototype and then go for it.

Don't the Corbin beetlebags have a flush lid also? I don't really care for them, but might be worth taking a closer look at one to see how they handle it.

I think your cabinet idea would be slick. At one point I wanted to convert my RKC bags into a remote opening system. I liked the gator boxes, but couldn't justify the cost. Their mechanism took up about a third of the bag if I remember also.

Good luck

Old 02-04-2007 | 05:21 AM
apachethunder03
Cruiser

I went to the gator web site and noticed that alot of storage space is lost due to the hydralic lift. Not for me, or should I say my wife. She loves her space. Especially since we don't have a tour trunk. And they don't work with a trunk.

Old 03-03-2007 | 12:44 AM
FUN2XSs
Cruiser

Sent American Bagger Magazine on a hunt for info on the saddlebag lids. I actually got a responce from them.

OK Buck asked. We on HDForum have been trying to find out who did the saddle bag lids on this Bagger. This is the only photo we have of the ride. Someone thought they had seen this in a Canadian show. The bike is certainly unique. I have attached a photo file.

Your Mission Buck should you choose to accept …….it is to locate the Bagger and tell us just who fabricated the saddlebag lids and how they work. A feature on the bike would be nice too. Picture was via Shooter64 at Cat Eye Customs……… By the way Bart at Cat Eye has quite the Bagger himself. Photos also for your consideration.

FUN2XSs HDForums Member

www.HDForums.Com
Touring Thread

Here's the reply

Hi, Dennis. I’m not sure if you received a reply from anyone here at American Bagger. You see, that picture you sent has floated around from one office to the next in an effort to get the information you requested. Unfortunately, it was a no-go. I just wanted to let you know that I’ll be running the question and picture in our May issue of American Bagger so that we can ask our readers if they can identify who fabricated those saddlebag lids. I’ll keep your information on file so that I can contact you if and when we get a response. It will be interesting to see what we hear. Anyway, thanks for the email. We hope to have your answer soon.

Have a great day.

Joli Campbell
Managing Editor
Maverick Publishing
ph: 605-722-0112
fax: 605-722-0008
joli@americancyclemag.com

From todays post by Murdoc.. it looks like they're taking note of some of ya'll nice Baggers, and we may have a few celebreties amoung us before too long.

[/align]
[/align]

Old 03-03-2007 | 01:51 AM
shooter64
|
Former Sponsor

way cool....and thanks for the plug