Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide lowers for my 06 Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
robert v
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide lowers for my 06 Electra Glide

Looks like I can get a good deal on non vented Road Glide lowers.
I was told that they will fit my 2006 Electra Glide.
What are some thoughts / opinions on this combination.
The price is very good

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

What year are the lowers?

Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robert v
Looks like I can get a good deal on non vented Road Glide lowers.
I was told that they will fit my 2006 Electra Glide.
What are some thoughts / opinions on this combination.
The price is very good
I cannot comment if they will fit or not, but I have the non-vented lowers on my RG. I almost cooked when I installed them. I had to buy after market vents and cut them in. Talk about having a steady hand after you pay all that $$$...

http://www.classicmotorcycleairvents.com/

Once I got them installed, I love my lowers. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
robert v
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grbrown,

I don't know what year the lowers are. The seller had them installed on his 2006 Street Glide. Can you advise me what year Road Glide lowers won't fit my 2006 Electra Glide?

Thanks for your reply to this post.

Robert V.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If he had them on a 06 SG they will fit your 06 UC too. Im pretty sure that RG lowers will fit on batwing bikes, but not the other way around because the RG lowers are clearanced for the larger/lower fairing.

Just make sure you consider Grillfish's comment too. non vented lowers will block quite a bit of air, causing more heat to build up around the engine and under you. I went with quickly removable/installable leather lowers for this reason. Although this might not be as big of a concern for you in NY as it is for us in FL (riding in short sleeve shirt today)

Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by robert v
grbrown,

I don't know what year the lowers are. The seller had them installed on his 2006 Street Glide. Can you advise me what year Road Glide lowers won't fit my 2006 Electra Glide?

Thanks for your reply to this post.

Robert V.
I don't know for dead certain, but they have to fit your bike IMHO!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:42 PM
eathomps
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I'm not mistaken the upper mount for them is different than for the batwing bikes. For the roadie when you get the lowers you also get a different rear clamp for the fairing support that connects to the engine guard; the top of the lower fairing attaches to the new clamp piece with a screw. You'd need to come up with a replacement for that so you can attach the lower fairing at the engine guard.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They'll fit buy them and put them on you won't need no special bracket.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If your going to buy lowers get the vented ones, look up The Fairing Factory, heard they had good prices on aftermarket lowers.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:43 AM
cycleman11
Tourer
Received 158 Likes on 117 Posts

I realize this is an old thread but I can answer some of the questions for future folks dealing with this issue.

A friend of mine gave me a set of Road Glide lowers ( I think they were off an Evo era Road Glide ) and I installed them on my 1998 Electra Glide Classic. The top bracket is different on the Road Glide lowers but it mate's up fine with the crash bar on the Electra Glide. The left side lower mounts with out any mods, but the right side lower needs a bit of plastic removed to provide clearance for the rear master cylinder. You may or may not have this problem. That's it, and they bolt up with no problem. If you get a set of the Road Glide lowers you want to make sure you get the upper bracket as it is different than the Electra Glide lowers. This bracket moves the lower top at bit rearward. I would think if you just had the Electra Glide upper clamp, you could make that works as well. Both lowers have large cut outs that direct a lot of air at the engine when moving. When you come to a stop, then it gets warm for the rider. There is some adjustment in and out for the Road Glide lowers and you can set them up so that you can still run highway pegs, although not easy to reach if you have short inseam.

The shape at the top of the Road Glide lowers is different than the Electra Glide ones. The Electra Glide lowers are rounded at the top whereas the Road Glide lowers have a small lip that directs air up into the area behind the fairing. It actually moves a lot of air and you really notice it on your chest/arms area. Buffetting can be a problem, depending on what windshield you have. The advantages/disadvantages of these lowers are the same as any other ones out there.

That's about it