Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy switch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:39 AM
MrChet
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy switch?

Why does it have to be a momentary switch other than convenience? Just hook it up to your aux switch and click it on then right back off. It's a 2 step push instead and you don't have to change anything. Or you could get another odometer reset switch (PN 67854-98)and rubber boot (PN 67880-940) and put in on the other side below the tach and it would look factory and serve the purpose.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy switch?

ORIGINAL: tpmurray

You don't need a momentary switch - if fact you don't need an addtional switch of any kind - just wire it into your high beam switch. The circuitry in the remote sends one signal per press of the button there is no voltage draw if you keep the button pressed the little computer board in the remote acts as a momentary switch. Try this as an experiment. As you leave your house press & hold the remote button down your door will close normally. Keep it held down and drive around the block (in your cage) when you come back to your house (with the button still depressed) the door won't open unless you release the button & press it again. I wired mine near the head light using a small electric tie to keep the button pressed. You could also solder a jumper onto the board to accomplish the same thing. Very easy and very inexpensive mod.
Maybe others are different, but mine is an old remote that emits a sound, sort of a chirping tone. It continues as long as the button is pushed. I thought about the high-beam idea, but I use the high-beams at all times in the daytime. Also, the horn is another idea, but I decided my neighbors might not appreciate a blast of the air horns at certain hours of the night.