Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have both cruise and ABS. Love them both and it will be a plus when you sell your bike. All that said yes it is something else to break or screw up but that is with everything. You don't have to be on the expressway to use cruise, use it anywhere you choose and the ABS are used every time you engage the brakes. Go for it.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

They're great if you believe you need them, totally unnecessary if you don't.

I never owned a bike with either and doubt if I ever will. Definitely not if they're an extra-cost option.

You wanted opinions, that's mine. Others will surely vary.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I have cruise and ABS.

Cruise - get it. I wouldn't have a bike without it.

ABS - would not have got it if it wasn't on the last Road King my dealer could find at the end of the 2012 season.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 PM
F150Marine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruise is a must and use it all the time on the freeway.

As for ABS it recently saved my A$$ from hitting a truck when I get boxed in (yeah some my fault) but having the confidence that I could grab the font brake hard saved me. On my old bike I would never take it that far without fearing a front brake lockup.

Also when selling most if not all questions came in the form of Cruise, Security\ABS.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
EZSkankin29
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruise isn't necessary but awesome to have. ABS is for sure needed. It's like an insurance policy, don't need it much but glad you have it when needed.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
EC Rider
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them both. The cruise was a must when I went shopping. The ABS happened to be part of the Limited package, but I gotta say I'm sold on it!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Tedjay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have cruise and ABS and like them both. I use cruise often to give my hand a breather. ABS is safety and I'm all for safety. My next bike will have them too.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll never purchase another bike without both options. Spendy but necessary IMO.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JockWhisky
I'm looking at buying a new decker next spring. A couple of options available are Cruise and ABS.
I don't do a lot of interstate riding although I will take the slab if necessary. Trips could be a couple of days to a week or more. Other than that it's local riding sometimes with the OL on the back.

What are the thoughts on the two options. Necessary? Nice to have? Something else to go wrong??

JW
This looks like the same post with the same poster name on a different forum.

ABS is a good safety option, and it will help with resale. It may even help with insurance.

As for Cruise, I thought I would never use cruise. I was from the Ol School of the thumb screw on the grip. When I got cruise on my first 1989 Ultra, i found it was much better than any thumb screw. And the cruise has improved over the years. Now with the TBW and no cables, the cruise is better than ever. I can set it and it will stay within 1 MPH of the set speed.

I have ABS and Cruise on my current '09 and will not get another without at least Cruise Control installed on any replacement in the future.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 PM
harley_badboy
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I wouldn't buy a bike without them. You'll have a much easier time to sell it when the time comes.

Quick Reply: ABS and Cruise