Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drukanfu
Try these instead !

http://www.pulstar.com/
I'm running these in my Street Glide. I'll admit i'm a sucker for new products and usually i'm not surprised at the poor results. However, i must say these actually live up to the hype. My bike feels more responsive and actually getting a little better gas mileage.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,794 Likes on 533 Posts

I'll stick with my RA8HC's from Autozone for 2 bucks apiece.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
okcjetmech
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harrell42
thanks for input, think i will try the pulstar pulse plugs. has any body tried them
thanks roller
2011 ultra limited 103.
I would'nt waste your money, unless your like me I got a set for real cheap and a nephew emp discount...$14 for both. I did'nt see any point arguing about them uless I had first hand knowledge..

Originally Posted by Mr HOG
I'm running these in my Street Glide. I'll admit i'm a sucker for new products and usually i'm not surprised at the poor results. However, i must say these actually live up to the hype. My bike feels more responsive and actually getting a little better gas mileage.
Well I'm glad they worked for you, I've put about 2k miles and 10 tanks of gas on them before i was consistantly getting 38.5 to 39.25 MPG. With them I averaged 36.8 to 37.75 MPG. I put my old plugs back in over the week end and I'll see if my MPG goes back to what is was.
The dealer on the forum for them PM'd me his phone to call him and talk to him about them. I havent had a chance to yet.
Im going to give them to my brother in law who's about to get his bike dyno'd since its going to be dyno'd he's gonna have them swap plugs a it also

Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

That will be interesting to hear the results on.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

i read in a bike magazine that if you rounded the tip of your spark plug and set it about 2 thousands wider gap it would run better. anybody tried this i was going to try it any suggestions
roller
Are you going to "Index" your plugs too?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by fwb35
I have a x NASCAR Busch car I road race on the east coast, the engine puts out just over 600 hp, we had some free dyno time and I tried playing with the spark plugs, I indexed them, meaning putting the open end towards the intake valve to get better spark to the fuel, opend the gap, shaved back the ground a little, end result on the dyno, about 4 hp, what do you think it will do for a 80 hp motorcycle, not much... your wasting your time and money.

A couple pics from one of my wins this year
there you have it, Im convinced.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
jcb1975@yahoo.com
Tourer

Index, side gap do as you will. Likely to barely notice any gain but hell, go for it. It's nice to see someone into performance and willing to try this kind of stuff.
Anyone running different plugs front and rear? I used to in my 1974 XLCH. Forget which one was cooler then the other, but I used to do that along with index and side gap. Used to run the **** out of that bike. I miss those days.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM
jcb1975@yahoo.com
Tourer

Originally Posted by TUCCI
there you have it, Im convinced.
I have some serious doubts about a person that claims to be Into racing and then tells you that it is not worth your time to try and get extra "free" power out of your motor. That kind of logic is not what wins races.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdfcogwheel
Tried them, didn't notice much difference. I did have a very bad experience with them, though. During regular tuneups, I removed them, clean & gap them and always reinstall with a torque wrench set to the lowest recommended value. One of them sheared right off from the threaded portion leaving it in the cylinder head. I had to use a large screwdriver tipped to one side to bite into the remains to carefully remove it without dropping anything into the cylinder. I will never use them again. The claim is that you should not have to replace them for 100K miles. Did not come even close before "failure."
Sir, if you will go to my website: http://www.pulstar-incognitoproducts.com/rma/ fill out this RMA Form, ship the Pulstar Plugs to me. I will send you a new pair under Warranty. The best way to prevent this in the future is to apply a small amount of anti- size to the plug threads & remove the rubber spark plug insert from your socket. So you get full Flatt contact with the plug flats and the socket. Or use a box end wrench. Thank you, Sir. Ride safe... and Happy Holidays.

If there is anyone else having an issue with their Plustar Pulse plugs, please e-mail me at:incognitoproducts@yahoo.com Thank you.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
IncognitoProducts
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for input, think i will try the pulstar pulse plugs. has any body tried them
thanks roller
2011 ultra limited 103.
Please do not side gap the Pulstar Plugs. Thanks. if you have any questions, please send me an e-mail: incognitoproducts.com or call me.Thank you, Sir. Ride safe... & Happy holidays.

Quick Reply: spark plugs