Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourmaster Heated Clothing

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012 | 05:03 PM
HalfFast
|
Road Warrior
Default Tourmaster Heated Clothing

I have been looking at some heated riding clothes and it looks like Tourmaster Synergy is, by far, the cheapest. I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with these. Pros... Cons?

Old 12-02-2012 | 05:19 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

The only heated clothing I've ever tried is Gerbings. Worth every cent. No way I'd buy anything else.

But that's just me. Other's opinions will vary.

Old 12-02-2012 | 05:21 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

i have never heard of that brand but I will check them out. Apparently, the Harley brand gear is on a long backorder and some gerbings stuff is too. I was going to look at the Powerlet gear when it arrives at the Harley dealer this week. Even the local Harley dealers are going to stock a different brand because they cant get Harley gear which I believe is made by Gerbings.

Old 12-02-2012 | 05:43 PM
kjc
Cruiser

I have the Tourmaster jacket liner and my wife has the Firstgear liner.Both heat extremely well and were worth every penny.The only difference I can see is the controllers are different,the Tourmaster has a button switch with low/med/hi and the Firstgear is a rotary dial.I never have mine on high(and I use it for snowmobiling also,it gets too hot).I also have the Powerlet glove liners that plug into the jacket liner,worth it.

Old 12-02-2012 | 05:47 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

I run the clothing from cozywinters.com. I believe it is called Warmgear. Works great and is not too expensive.

Old 12-02-2012 | 07:09 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior

Have had the Tourmaster heated jacket and chaps and FirstGear gloves for a couple months now. Work great so far. Jacket came with a dual controller, one side for jacket and the other for chaps and gloves. Was 18* when I left for work the other morning and I had to turn the jacket down. Wish I had done this years ago.

Old 12-02-2012 | 07:54 PM
nivensid
Tourer

Originally Posted by jpooch00
The only heated clothing I've ever tried is Gerbings. Worth every cent. No way I'd buy anything else.

But that's just me. Other's opinions will vary.
I have the Tourmaster 2.0 jacket liner and the gloves, works great with no issues. The wife has the same and loves them, now she can ride all year here in NC.
It's not Gerbings or the HD brand, why would that matter in the first place?

Old 12-02-2012 | 09:06 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dawg
I run the clothing from cozywinters.com. I believe it is called Warmgear. Works great and is not too expensive.
+1 on the Warmgear. I have their heated gloves and socks. Good quality product and the price is right.

Old 12-02-2012 | 09:28 PM
James K
Tourer

Bought the vest they have a couple years back, works great when I need it. Rarely have it set above the low setting, stays plenty warm.

Old 12-02-2012 | 09:45 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member

Tourmaster has been around awhile and prices on their heated gear is great. Sure they are made offshore by slave labor, so is the gerbing harley stuff, but should work ok if they work to begin with.

Quick Reply: Tourmaster Heated Clothing