Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help A Vet Overseas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012 | 06:51 AM
DrWalkinboner
|
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help A Vet Overseas

I know this subject is beaten to death but I want to upgrade my speakers as soon as I get back to the states. The Rokker XT's aren't too bad on price but the amp is ridiculous! I was wondering what other choices I could go with that are cheaper. I always liked Rockfords amps and saw the PBRX300 for like <$150 on eBay. Also, for an amp do I have to run the power from the battery or is there an adapter or something for motorcycles? I've done a ton of installs in cars but no bikes.

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2012 | 06:59 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the Hogtunes speakers and amp.
If your looking for pretty good sound (much better than stock) for cheap (about $275 for two speakers and amp) I would recommend this set up.
The kit comes with a plug and play wiring harness< real easy install.

I not an audiophile and I know there are much better systems out there, but for short money this set up sounds pretty darn good.

Thanks for your service, come home safe!

Old 12-02-2012 | 07:15 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for your service my brother.

I would say only that you should buy the absolute best speakers you can afford. You probably already know that, but you know that the speakers define the system. The electronics behind them are secondary. Now there is a case for low distortion products in amplification depending upon the class of amplification used, but in the end, it's the speakers that cause you to say wow as you drive down the road and despite the wind noise, the music seems oddly clear.