Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing bike mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Pastor Ed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor Ed
The original bar mounted ones were pretty adequate. I bought the "Live to Ride" mirrors and they are a little shorter
Actually, I don't think the stems are shorter. In the stock mirror the stem attaches near the bike side, the "Live to Ride" mirrors the stem attaches in the middle, which means the whole mirror is closer to the bike than the original, hence, I see my elbows. I picked up mirror stem extensions yesterday, they will raise the mirror apprx. 2 inches, don't know if it will help or not.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 AM
ultra5516
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mirror extensions from Harley on the stock mirrors worked just fine for me, before the only thing I was seeing was my shoulders

Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor Ed
Actually, I don't think the stems are shorter. In the stock mirror the stem attaches near the bike side, the "Live to Ride" mirrors the stem attaches in the middle, which means the whole mirror is closer to the bike than the original, hence, I see my elbows. I picked up mirror stem extensions yesterday, they will raise the mirror apprx. 2 inches, don't know if it will help or not.
Along this same train of thought, has anyone noticed the right mirror mount is on the outside of the master cylinder assembly which is about an inch farther out from the handlebars than the left mount which is on the inner side of the clutch lever bracket? And with the right and left mirror stems being the same length, I see more of my left elbow/shoulder. I have often thought I should walk through the dealer showroom with a tape measure just to satisfy my own curiosity as to the different models all use the same mirrors. Being that they are not right/left interchangeable, I would have thought HD could have easily compensated for this long time ago.

Last edited by Arvid; 12-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.