Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

York Plant Strike

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 06:56 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: York Plant Strike

You do huh ? that's great , good for you . As I said before jealousy , that's all it is . Why do you keep referring that McDonald's is hiring , you going there for dinner again ? pick up a application and see how it is to work for minimum wage , real funny huh ? Maybe things are different in your little world , but people like you are whats going wrong in this country. I would be willing to bet you have at least one jap car in your driveway.Things are different here up north workers stick together and we have each others backs and are the furthest thing from being lazy .
ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

ORIGINAL: hd2007

I really can't believe some of these posts .I have realized long ago that people that bash union workers are people that would like to be a union worker.Its jealousy. And if some of you people think hd will survive if they move to a foreign country,you are dead wrong.Its bad enough the hd stores sell all their motorclothes from china or some other foreign country.I don't know what hd's plans are ,but someone needs to re-evaluate their thinking.
Not me, ever in a million years!!!

I do my own negotiating!!!

Old 02-02-2007 | 07:19 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer

Unions are nothing more then a cancer eating away at the american work force by protecting the uneducated lazy employee (I would have said worker but that would imply they accually do more then stick thier hand out for a overstuffed check each week) from being fired!

Old 02-02-2007 | 07:25 PM
jimbo21165
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, I have a GMC truck, and the boss lady has a Buick Lucerne.

Old 02-02-2007 | 07:26 PM
fairplay
Road Master

Why does it even bother you so much? overstuffed check and under educated. You want to make your own deal, go ahead. This is the deal I/we made as well, and if they want to overstuff our checks bonus! I am not complaining because you can't make a better deal for yourself.

Old 02-02-2007 | 07:26 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

HD2007, why would I want to join a Union?

Old 02-02-2007 | 07:28 PM
98rdking
Cruiser

While I have no preference either way as far as the union goes, never had expierence with them. I hate to think of the MOCO going to far south. I would be a sell out. I would hold on to what I've got till it fell apart and never buy a new one. I also have a ford and a dodge in my driveway. Just my .02

Old 02-02-2007 | 07:30 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

Oh yea, my boat is made in Arkansas, the motor from Wisconsin. the other is from Arizona. Motor from Erye Motor Service, in Monroe, La.

Old 02-02-2007 | 09:26 PM
Rickm
Cruiser

Boy reading all these show me how blind alot of our brothers are. I don't mean to get personal but Jimb- can you see passed your nose? I mean you have more answers than people have had Questions. There is 2 sides to everything but some of you guys CAN'T see the game the Company is playing. They have flooded the market, making our used bikes worth zip, and now have to cut production. What timing, lets offer the workers who have got us to where we are nothing. When they strike we can blame the union and cut production at the same time. Oh yea I worked at Fords for 36 years and I have seen the good,bad and ugly of unions but thank you brothers of the forty's and earlier because without you we would have Mexico's wages and living conditions. Hey guys lets look at the big picture here, it's alot more than one guy not pulling his load!
Rick

Old 02-02-2007 | 09:33 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: roadkingbigjoe

Unions are nothing more then a cancer eating away at the american work force by protecting the uneducated lazy employee (I would have said worker but that would imply they accually do more then stick thier hand out for a overstuffed check each week) from being fired!
Tell that to the cop that just pulled you over! Oh yeah remind the pilot of that 747 that you just boarded that UNIONS SUCK! and he is overpaid.

Maybe you are right.. those union paying people are overpaid and don't deserve the pay that they are receiving toprotect your a$$!

Old 02-02-2007 | 09:54 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

You obviously don't know about the benefits and pensions of a good paying union contract . I can tell you horror stories of non-union companies. As a Teamster truck driver with the union behind me 99% of us follow the rules of the road and safety and hour of service rules. How does that affect you and your family ? Most if not all non-union companies will encourage fixing your log book to drive longer than you should legally . This is a common practice , also the safety of the trucks and equipment they drive is not up to safe standards and over weight . Remember that next time you are driving next to a 18 wheeler on your bike , is this guy tired ? should he be on the road ? is his truck and trailer been pre-pripped properly ? Having a union behind me I can refuse ANY unsafe piece of equipment and deadline it for repairs not because I am lazy , because of the safety of me and the people on the road. Many non-union companies will tell the drivers to take it or your fired.As far as union guy being lazy , not in my trade , you are paid by the mile , and most men work six days a week , sometimes up to 12 hours a day. If that is lazy I would love to see what you do at work. Another common practice for the non-union companies is to not pay there drivers for down time waiting for loads or not paying the right mileage , I could go on and on. Just a few examples of why unions have their place.
ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

HD2007, why would I want to join a Union?

Quick Reply: York Plant Strike