Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

York Plant Strike

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:01 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: York Plant Strike

Last I heard the Union top brass were pulling down some pretty large Numbers as well.

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:32 AM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really can't believe some of these posts .I have realized long ago that people that bash union workers are people that would like to be a union worker.Its jealousy. And if some of you people think hd will survive if they move to a foreign country,you are dead wrong.Its bad enough the hd stores sell all their motorclothes from china or some other foreign country.I don't know what hd's plans are ,but someone needs to re-evaluate their thinking.

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:56 AM
monte64
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hd2007, I'm with you 100%. I'm union, and I work for my wage. Some people will never realize that without unions, the base pay of a nonunion worker would be zip.No insurance or retirement. All the CEO's of this country would have hiring places set up at the southern border getting their labor force for $3.00 a hr. That is why we need unions. Along with that, unions also bring with it are: safety, training and a voice inhow to improve on the daily running of a company.

A 3%in pay and more for insurance, thatdoesn't even cover the cost of living. After all is said and done, it would come out to be a pay cut.

Ya, unions have their share of dead weight, the same can be said for nonunion. A union does not protect these people, if you don't pull your weight, the companyhas the right to get rid of you.

And the union top brass is paid bythe union dues at some places

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:58 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: christian0632

Here's what unions do:

Mr Ford decides to make a car anddoes not needsomeone with a bachelors or masters degree to put lug nuts on wheels so he hires Goober and Vern. Business picks up so he hires Cletus and Earl (and pays them all a fair wage for the job their doing). Along comes Mr Union Slug and tells Goober, Vern, Cletus and Earl that they are now worth triple what Mr Ford is paying, so we'll organize and make threats to walk off the job if we don't get something more (even though we have no formal education andno critical skills). Goober agrees, Vern agrees somewhat, Cletus doesn't agree but goes along with Uncle Goober and cousin Vern cause he thinks they are really smart, and Earl definitely disagrees but is screwed cause it's a majority vote. (that's OK, Earl will now cross thread every third lug nut to show them fellers he ain't one to be messed with!)

Unfortunately, Goober is an idiot and thinks Vern agreed cause Vern know what he's doing and the whole time Mr Union Slug is collecting dues from them and telling them to demand more money for their unskilled labor services or walk off the job and don't allow any otherperson (that would be happy to have any job) to work there.

So next thing ya' know, Mr Ford jacks up the price of the junkers Goober, Vern, Cletus and Earl are slapping together and screws the general public just so Goober, Vern, Cletus and Earl can all haveplasma TVs and vacation in the Bahamas (even though they are uneducated unskilled lug nut put-er on-er's).

But then one day the union puke tells Goob and the clan to demand and walk off the job but this time Mr. Ford says he can't meet their demands and is so tired of dealing with Mr Union Slug and their hillbilly a**es that he would just rather close up shop. Too bad for Goob and the gang, but luckily, Mr Union Slug made a fortune off of the Goober clan union duesthat now he can have a plasma TV and vacation in the Bahamas!

So thanks to the Union, Goober is back to milking' goats, Vern is plucking' chickens, Cletus is doing nothing but living off his mama, and Earl is slopping' hogs, right where they all belong! All thanks to the Union!

See! Unions are good for something! Getting the hillbilly's back to the hills!
Quite amusingfor uniformed thoughts.., But not all union employees are hillbillies, some are intelligent and have the right to earn what they do.. Especially if there CERTIFIED at what they do...

Unions are helpful in ways of protecting the skilled worker.. It's (in most cases) THE EMPLOYER that exploits the employee, not the union.. and IMHO it's worth the 35.00 a month to keep being
paid the rate a skilled worker is worth... What, do you think, the Chinese are getting an equivalent to what would be made here...? don't think so... and it's NOT the union calling the shots there.. Manufacturing is being outsourced because of GREEDY OWNERS... because NONE of the savings are being reflected here... And the thought of all manufacturing being outsourced scares the hell out of me.... for my 13 Grandchildren... Where there American dream would be, to leave...

But not all Unions are great and wonderfull, there are cases where the union gets in bed with the owner, and then the employee's suffer at both ends...
These are the ones that are killing our country...

If you really want to know about MONEY and it's HISTORY.. and answer questions about rising and falling intrest rates... and structured corruption... follow this link and watch this film...
this is a long film but very informative...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...16686947&q

And here's a link to some other EYE OPENING fi

Old 02-02-2007 | 02:18 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: xglide06

Anyone not seen the decline of the big 3 car makers in the U.S.....tell me union labor is not the reason for the overpriced garbage that gets produced and is currently bankrupting and costing thousands there jobs
I'll tell ya....its NOT the Union killing Ford...its FORD. When you have 17 layers of manegement that you must go thru to get a decision on anything...it takes TIME...and lots of money to pay all those white coller people. Most of whom contribute NOTHING to the manufacture of the product that we build.

Poor design is NOT the unions fault...Cheap parts that don't fir Specs are NOT the Unions Fault, Bottom line is that shareholders control everything, and if they aren't getting rich each and every day, they take thier money to someone else.

We are in a race to the bottom of the worlds wage scale...and only the Unions will stop it. if its not already too late.

And you can bet your ****...when the unions die...YOUR non-union wages and bennies DIE with them.

Old 02-02-2007 | 06:31 AM
wedgewood1
Intermediate

UNIONS YES!!!!!!!!!!!! You can not win against corporate America by yourself, power is in numbers!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2007 | 08:03 AM
HOGIT
4th Gear

I had to say something after reading all these posts...

We are AMERICANS -- We all need to stick together. Union - NonUnion.. We need to get our jobs back to the USA for our Kids, GrandKids , GreatGrandKids.... etc etc ..........

HOGIT

Old 02-02-2007 | 08:24 AM
TFR
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Long time factory workers ARE themiddle class and the "big business" is at war with the middle class. Guess who's going to win?
Pro Union to protect the workers.
IBEW

Old 02-02-2007 | 10:35 AM
01Ultra
Cruiser

OK we decide to take pay cuts, less benefits and no retirement. this should help the companies save money and keep their profits up. Who is going to now help us pay the outrageous medical bills, city, county, state and federal taxesso we cankeep what we have worked for? Lower the cost of living and then lower my pay. But don't expect me to be thrilled about making less money and paying more for everyday expenses. While the companies still send our jobs over seas.

Old 02-02-2007 | 10:41 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

01ULTRA, I'd like to know how a 12% raise over 3 years, and a doubling of co. 401k contrubution equals "less pay and benefits". Sounds like the only thing the MOCO is asking these guys to do is to go from payin ZIPPO on their health, to kickin in somethin...To me it sounds like the co. is bein more than fair with these guys...

Quick Reply: York Plant Strike